Games to Play and Wars to Win

"I have to say, you've really outdone yourself this time."

I forced myself to meet Kakashi's eyes; I couldn't let every little bit of embarrassment turn me into a mess anymore! Especially not if I wanted what I planned for to happen. I smiled, "Thanks!"

"Did Choji help this time?" He followed, and now I found myself attempting not to pout.

I allowed myself to glare at the table, "A little... But I did most of the stuff this time! He just watched me! And... helped a little with the spices."

Kakashi poked his steak with his fork, and I could practically hear the little comment on how it was a bit salty run through his head. He must've found it better to keep quiet about it, which I would consider a good choice, and smiled, "You did an excellent job, really."

I had to be firetruck red at this point, and I couldn't quite muster up the courage to look at him this time, "Thanks... it means a lot, being able to do this for you."

"And I truly appreciate your efforts." He hummed warmly, "I'm sure I've told you before, though, that I would be fine doing the cooking myself. If you don't enjoy it..."

"I do!" I quickly blurted, catching him a little by surprise, "I like being able to help, and... maybe cooking can be almost as fun as baking."

His smile widened, "I'm happy to hear that, I..." He paused brow furrowing as he looked at me, "Are you... feeling alright? You look like you might have a fever."

Dammit, I was a fool to think he wouldn't notice how jittery and flustered I'd been, but I just couldn't help it with what I wanted to ask him! "Haha, what? No! I'm fine, I just-"

"Would you like me to get the thermometer to make sure?" He prompted, the genuine worry in his eyes was almost too much for me, "I believe you, but..."

"No!" I held up my hands as he moved to stand up, and he froze. Jumping up from my seat, I ran around the table and grabbed his hands, pulling to his feet, "I have another surprise for you!" I can't believe I was actually doing this, oh my God.

"Huh?" His eyes widened as I almost desperately pulled him into our room, proceeding to close and lock the door behind us, "What... are you?"

I pointed, sure that I was tomato red, at the bed, "Bed. Now."

He stared at me for a moment, eyes widening even further as he also flushed, "I um..." Slowly stepping backwards, he climbed onto the bed and sat in the middle of it, "Here I am."

In a fluid movement, I threw my dress off, revealing the elaborate, lacy set of underwhere that I'd bought months ago but had been far too scared to wear, "I'm ready."

His eyes somehow went even wider, he must've been as red as me by this point, and he scooted back a little, almost as if he was scared or something, "I- ah-"

Climbing onto the bed, I crawled over to get eye to eye with him, "I said I'm ready." He didn't answer me, just gazing back in wide-eyed terror, "I... love you, and I think I'm ready for this now."

"I-I-" Was he going to pass out? "Iloveyoutoogoodnight!" He rushed out like a single word, flipping over to lay down facing away from me.

I sat there stunned, staring at his back for a moment in such a whirlwind of emotions that I didn't know how to respond. Embarrassment, confusion, anger, horniness, I didn't have the words to explain how I was feeling.

Well... I guess I was feeling pretty fucking jipped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ANKO!" I screamed out, throwing open the door to the armory, "I'm pissed off!"