Couple Goals

"Are you sure you don't want to move your lab in here as well?"

My head slightly moved towards Kakashi's voice, tearing my attention away from the box of books I was sorting through to find that he was absently surveying the room. I thought about it for a moment and shrugged, "I kind of like working in small spaces. That's alright, isn't it?"

With a hum and a nod he finally looked over at me, smiling, "Of course. I haven't been missing that closet since you started your lab in there, after all. I have plenty of space with Obito gone. You don't need to worry about taking up too much."

It was so strange to consider that Obito, despite everything he put us all through, had lived with Kakashi, that Kakashi allowed him to. I knew that the whole point of everything I'd done was to minimize the amount of deaths as much as possible, to make things turn out the best that they could, but to think we had gotten Obito on our side and kept him alive was... a bit insane. Almost as insane as the fact he was living with Anko now; I really didn't see that one coming.

But the topic of freed up space did intrigue me, and I glanced around the room to survey the sparse furniture. No bed, Kakashi didn't get rid of a bed did he? I stood, "Where did Obito sleep? I don't see a bed in here."

Kakashi blinked, as if confused, glancing over at me before laughing, "Oh!" he pointed to a small couch, "That's the bed. It's a fold-out."

A fold-out? I narrowed my eyes at the admittedly raggedy looking furniture and winced, "I wouldn't think that was very comfortable."

"Absolutely not." Kakashi walked over to a set of boxes, stooping down to open one, "That's why he was sleeping on it." I huffed out a laugh at his pettiness as he reached into it, and Kakashi looked over his shoulder with a touch of bemusement, "You have... a lot of dresses. Is this what you do with your paychecks? Seeing as you don't pay rent anymore."

I don't know why that statement kinda annoyed me, but I waved it off to dismissively go back to my books, "Kiba and I like to go shopping."

There was a pause, "Kiba likes shopping?"

"Not really." I snorted out a laugh, "It's more that he likes to go on walks with people he likes, even if that happens to be to a store. He's kinda like Hina; they both tend to look at a lot of things in stores and then abandon them like they weren't all that interested."

"I assume you are not that way." He noted humorously.

Pouting, I began shelving my research notes, "I didn't buy all of them myself, because while he doesn't ever really buy anything for himself, as soon as I'm, like, interested in something he'll offer to buy it for me."

He was silent again, and I could practically feel the small spike in jealousy that filled the room, punctuated by a sarcastic, "Is that where all of his paychecks go?"

"He's not a big spender." I replied airily, "He still tries to find deals where he can, kinda serious about it. Honestly, I think he spends most of his money on food and dog stuff, maybe things for his clan." I snickered, "Definitely not clothes. He absolutely has a pack of those kinda cheap white T-shirts, and then there's his jackets that he's worn for years."

Kakashi hummed, and I could hear him walk over to the closet, "And when he isn't wearing those things?"

"Hina." I answered shortly. Where did he think Kiba would get stuff like that from? Hina loved dressing him up, and funnily enough he didn't have a problem with her doing that.

"Oh... right." He murmured quietly, and I got up to join him at the closet.

Taking a dress in one hand, my other found my pair of Lederhosen, and I couldn't help but smile slightly, "Itachi has made some of these actually, not all of them are bought."