Disgustingly Cliche

"So, I assume you all have an idea why I brought you here."

Nervously, I raised my eyes, looking around the few in the room, "And I want this to be for your ears only, understand?"

"You have no idea where Sakura is, do you?" Hinata prompted flatly, and I couldn't help but flinch. My conversation with her had been quite useful, but now that she knew that I was to blame for our current situation I might have felt a tinge of fear.

Sasuke's eyes narrowed in a similarly unnerving manner, "She's missing?"

I raised my hands placatingly, "But! I know where she is. She said she went to see her parents."

Kiba's brow creased, confused momentarily before he hummed, "Her birth parents?"

Nodding with a sigh, I leaned back against my desk, "I thought you all should know, and perhaps give me your advice on what should be done about it." My head lowered, "I'm not sure if this is a case where I should bother her. It's a place she knows after all, she'd be able to get there fine enough and return when she's ready."

"But what if something happens along the way?" Kiba questioned, which I really should have expected at this point. His concern for others was boundless and admirable, even if it did make me question the nature of the relationship between him and Sakura.

"Yeah," Sasuke's look quirked incredulous, "She's traveling alone, unplanned, and she might not remember perfectly how to get there. Anything could happen to her, and since she hasn't given us any time frame we can't know when or if something's gone wrong." And, of course, that was a completely logical argument.

Hinata planted a hand on her hip, "Not to mention that it may do you some good to show her you actually care. Her stupid little romantic heart would love the idea of you chasing after her to make sure she's okay." I hadn't considered that angle... interesting.

"You all bring up good points." I admitted, "I suppose then I should plan to go after her..."

"Exactly," Kiba walked around the group to stand next to me, slinging his arm around my shoulders, and I felt a pulse of dread pass through me, "Which is exactly why I have already planned for you and me to go find her, cousin."

Cousin!? I stared at him in shock, "W-wait- You mean we are going to go? Isn't this-"

"No, it's completely necessary." He interrupted bluntly, hooking his arm around my neck to pull me closer in a way that made it a little difficult to breathe, "We need to make sure you don't make anymore... mistakes." Oh boy...

Hinata, though, seemed displeased, "Do you mean just the two of you? Why aren't all of us going? I've actually been there!"

Kiba released me, walking up to her and placing one hand on her shoulder and the other on their son's head, "One of us has to stay back and watch him right?"

She gazed at him in disbelief, "But-"

"And which of us here is actually a tracker?" He emphasised, tapping the side of his nose, "We'll be able to get there easily, and, if she didn't make it, I'd be able to find where she lost the path. Besides," He looked back at me, "I'm sure we have records of where we moved her parents, right?"

"Well, yes, but," What on earth was going on? Was this some sort of revenge or something? I needed a way out of this, they needed to convince him otherwise, "A bigger team might... make more sense?"

"Duh," Sasuke shoved between Hinata and Kiba, "Why the hell aren't I going? I'd be able to handle any problem we come across easily." Please, let that convince him, at least the two of them would distract each other from tormenting me!