Some 'Expert' Advice

A gentle breeze passed through the valley, well complemented by soft sunlight tempered by the hills on either side of us. One of my favorite images of the Vine would always be the vineyard on those hills, with its windmill and winery the only structure visible amongst the twisting vines.

"We're lucky that Lord Hokage let us take care of these documents, hm?" I smiled at Kiba, who was currently examining the horizon with the same awe he had the first time he came here.

He didn't seem to register that I had spoken to him, until Akamaru made a small growling sound, "Huh?" he then turned to me quickly, "Oh! Yeah, it is pretty damn lucky."

I smirked at him, bumping my shoulder against his, "A little distracted, are we?"

"Maybe a little." he shrugged dismissively, "It's not everyday you get to admire the village your girlfriend built."

"What? You're not jealous of it anymore?" I teased.

He scoffed, "Why would I be jealous of a village?"

"I dunno," I hummed airily, "It did receive a lot of my time and love."

"Well why don't you just marry it then." he snarked back, and I couldn't help but laugh at how he actually seemed a little jealous.

I linked arms with him to get his attention, "Villages aren't quite as affectionate."

He blushed, pointedly looking away, "There's a lot of other reasons that marrying a village would be weird as hell."

"Fair enough, but you're the one who brought it up." I let him go, excitement mounting as we approached the entrance to the village, my 'crew' waiting there for me.

I ran up to them, Karin running to meet me in an embrace, "Finally, you're here!"

"You didn't wait too long, did you?" I asked, quirking a humored brow, "You didn't have to have a vigil out here until I arrived."

"Big guy was getting antsy." Suigetsu shrugged.

Jugo stepped forward, a wide smile on his face as he moved to hug me, "Suigetsu was excited too."

Ignoring Suigetsu's offended gasp, I let out a happy cry of surprise as Jugo picked me up and almost tossed me up to sit on his shoulder, then leaning down to hug his head, "Aw, I missed you guys too!"

Akamaru walked over to greet these 'strange new people Hina was so familiar with', and, with mild confusion as to Kiba's silence, I looked up to see him staring at Jugo like he was contemplating murder.

"You brought him too!" Suigetsu gestured to Kiba, his tone having an odd 'pleasantly surprised' angle to it that sounded a little fake.

"Yeah, she did." Kiba stated flatly, tone way too firm for how casual this was supposed to be.

I gave Kiba a warning look, and Suigetsu's brow furrowed, him giving me a quick glance before realizing what was happening and grinning smugly. He turned to walk into the village, "Shall we take care of the 'official business'?"

I was confused as to why he said it like that, but I reached into my bag to grab the folder out, bending down from my temporary perch to hand it to Karin, "Here they are."

"Awesome!" she accepted it happily, giving some of the papers a quick scan before shaking her head, "Peace between our villages was a given in my opinion, but I find it funny that your Hokage was so willing to let you essentially have a vacation here."

"Kakashi's an interesting guy." I shrugged, "He's shockingly lenient with me."

Suigetsu leaned over with a shit-eating smirk, "He even allowed your little boyfriend to come with you."