Why, Where, How, Who, What?!

He pauses for a moment, then blurts out with sudden alarm. "Wait... I have so many questions, first off why would they take him?"

"That confuses me too, because that was not the original intent; they were supposed to just make contact with American hunters." she explains.

"Where did they take him?"

"I am not sure but I think you are getting close." she says.

"We've chased down every lead we could but all have come up as dead ends." he vents.

"Yes, but you've been only looking in abandoned places, right?" she asks.

"Yeah, the usual places."

"However, these people have money." she informs him. "Try checking out places that have been bought or rented recently."

"That's a good idea." he says, with a far off look in his eyes, then his face creases in concern and he seems lost in thought for a few moments.
"How do you know all of this? Like who Sam, Cas, and I are, where we live, that there is a British Men of Letters, and that they took Sam?" he rattles off the many questions swarming in his head.

"Well...I listen and pay attention a lot." she offers, smiling in apprehension.

Dean sits there for a moment thinking this all over. "Are you a hunter or something?" he finally asks.

"Or something." a smirk plays across her face.

"Human, witch, demon, ..." he trails off.

"Half human." she says.

"What's the other half?"

"It's best if nobody knows that part." she replies sounding vulnerable for the first time this evening.

"How can I trust you, you could be evil?"

"I'm not evil and you can trust me, I just want to help." a flash of hurt evident in her eyes.

"Okay, okay." he says holding his hands up in surrender.

As he sets his hands back down, his right hand brushes her left and both of their eyes widen.  An electrifying heat spreads up both their arms, which causes Mae to pull her hand back and Dean's jaw to drop.

"What was that?!" they both exclaim.