Will She, Won't She?

A few hours later the guys are back at the table researching the case, wading through the same papers, books, and scrolls from the day prior. Every so often Dean thinks back to the way she said 'Sure, Dean.' and it shoots a warm tingly feeling through his spine making him shudder. The way his name rolled off her lips has got him wanting more. He can't help but wonder if she will actually come back. There is a small part of him that thinks it would be better if she didn't but mainly he just wants her around again.

"Dean? Dean?" Sam calls out, rousing Dean from his thoughts.

"What, Sammy?" He says, finally turning to face his little brother.

Giving Dean a withering stare, he turns back to his laptop. "I asked if you had any other ideas of what she might be."

"Not really. Those were our three main options that would be able to lure or affect someone's feelings."

Nodding in agreement, Sam rubs the back of his neck. "I guess we need to look at more of the lore and see if there's anything else. And I think we should start a list, so we don't overlook any possibilities."

"What if she is just a girl and I just fell for her really fast?"

Sam pauses and thinks for a moment, then says, "But you said she told you she was only half human."

"She could have been just trying to make herself more interesting."

"Hmm, maybe but I think we should keep testing just in case." Sam responds.

"Yeah, yeah of course. We gotta cross the t's and dot the i's."

Giving his brother a once over, Sam rubs a hand down his face. "Especially with the way you were acting last night and how spacey you've been today, she definitely has a hold on you."

"Yeah." Dean mumbles more to himself than to Sam. "Do you think she'll really come back?"

Sam turns in his chair towards him with an earnest gaze. "I think the bigger question is do you want her to come back?"

Looking down at his hands Dean opens his mouth. "I, umm... I do but I don't."

"What does that mean?"

"Let's just get back to the case." He says trying to once again focus on the same passage that he's been reading for an hour or more.

They had barely begun researching again when a knock at the door rings out and causes Dean to jump up excitedly from his seat, Sam gives him a bit of a look as he chuckles. Dean walks as calmly to the bottom of the stairs as he can but then nearly sprints up them.

"A little eager there, aren't we?" Sam calls up, only just reaching the stairs himself.

Standing before the door, Dean rubs the back of his neck. "Shut up."

Dean opens the door smiling only to see nothing. "Hello?" He asks, looking around confused.

"What's that?" Sam points to the box on the ground outside, when he reaches the top of the stairs.

They stare at it for a moment before they hear a voice calling to them from the road. "C'mon boys, these boxes aren't going to carry themselves!"

Poking their heads out the door they see Mae at her car taking out another box. "Hello." "Hey." They greet her.

Sam heads to her car to grab a box. "Are you cooking a meal or moving in?" He jokes.

"No, this is all for the food."

Dean is slightly stunned that she actually came back, the war going on inside his head has him glued to the spot for a few moments, seeing Mae and Sam coming back to the bunker wakes him up a bit. He reaches down, picks up the box on the ground, and makes his way to the kitchen. Only a few seconds after he sets down his box, Sam and Mae come in carrying more boxes and chattering away.