Under the Covers

Tossing and turning in her bed but not finding a comfy spot, Mae's mind keeps returning to the fact that Dean is mere feet away in the next room. Sitting up she gathers her covers around her, shivering at the chill in the air. Getting out of bed, she wraps herself in the top blanket and heads out to the hall. Slowly and quietly she pads her way over to Dean's room, hoping that he isn't asleep just yet.

Oh no, his light is off, should I go back to bed and just try to sleep despite the cold? Putting her hand on his door frame she hesitates, she turns to go back to her room, when she hears him rustle about under his covers and he lets out a loud sigh.

"Umm, Dean?" She calls softly to him from the door.

He leans up on his elbow and flicks on his bedside light, she can see the concern written all over his face. "Hey, is something wrong?"

"No, I just..." She seems a little flustered. "Is there an extra blanket or something? I'm cold."

Sitting up, he runs his hand through his messy hair. "Yeah, no problem. I'll get you one."

Rising out of bed he looks over at her enveloped in a blanket already but still shuddering slightly, he can't help but want to hold her. I'd rather make her warm in my own bed, than get her a blanket. He sees her blush and wonders if he said that out loud. Her eyes rove over his body and appear to continuously stray back to his bare chest. Nodding his head in understanding, he walks over to his dresser.

Pulling out another blanket from the drawer, he turns to her. "Here we go."

"Thanks." She smiles, taking it from him. "It's just a little cold tonight. How can you sleep with no shirt on?"

Laughing, he looks down to where her eyes are glued. "Just used to it I guess."

"Must be ice in your veins." She teases and starts to shiver harder.

"Here, here, you're shaking." He grabs the blanket from her and quickly wraps it around her, rubbing her arms up and down.

Dean pulls her in as close to him as he can, and she nuzzles into his neck, taking in his scent. Being this close to him always makes her head go fuzzy and she can't help but want to place a kiss on the side of his neck. Mustn't do that, he wants to wait. But being in his arms is enough for me, at least for right now. They stand there like this for close to five minutes, both enjoying being in each other's arms, neither wanting to move and break this irresistible connection.

Slowly and regrettably she lifts her head to look him in the eyes. "We should get to bed, busy day tomorrow."

"Yeah." He smiles down at her. "Are you going to be warm enough?"

"I think so."

"Would you like a hoodie or something?" He asks, running his hand down her hair.

"I'd never turn down a hoodie."

Chuckling at her response, his smile reaches his eyes and makes the green intensify. "Sure thing, Sweetheart."

Standing there, still not wanting to part, he finally pries himself away to get the hoodie and both feel the loss of closeness and body heat. Drawing the blankets tighter around herself, she watches, as he goes over and opens a different drawer. He stands, pulling out a black hoodie with a zipper. He holds it up for her, asking silently if she likes it.

Nodding, she smiles. "It looks cozy."

"Here, let me." He says, walking over and helping her take off the blankets.

"Thanks."

Placing them on his bed, he turns back to her and stops to stare. "Damn, you look sexy as hell in my t-shirt."

Blushing, she smiles broadly at him and leans in, as he takes a step closer. Even with his gaze lingering on her body, he drapes the hoodie over her shoulders and helps her put it on. After zipping it up, she glances up into his eyes and her breath catches in her throat at the expression on his face. There seems to be a war going on between what he wants to do and what he should do, then he reaches forward and pulls her into a tight hug once more.

Snuggling into his embrace, she sighs happily. "I might just have to steal a lot of your clothes."

"Fine by me." He chuckles.

"So, what do you have planned for tomorrow?" She asks, stifling a yawn.

Placing his hand on the back of her head, he glides it down her hair and rests it on the small of her back. "Mm mm Sweetheart, no spoilers."

"Ok."

She begins to shiver again, so he rubs her back. "Let's get you back under the covers."

"Mmm, sleep sounds good, plus morning will come quicker."

Pulling back from one another they both laugh a little at her comment. He puts the blankets back over her shoulders and she pulls them close to her as they walk out the door and down to her room.

Reluctantly sliding his arm off of her shoulders, he looks down at her. "If you need anything else, you can always come get me."

"Of course."

"You don't even need a reason, I'd love to have you in my room." He starts out in a joking manner but his eyes darken at his last words.

She brings a hand out from under the blankets and pats his chest. "Down boy, we haven't even had our first date."

Smirking, he laughs a little, then takes her hand and kisses it. "Sleep well and sweet dreams."

"Goodnight, Dean." She slowly backs away, letting his hand drop regrettably and makes her way to the bed.

Waiting for her to settle in, he smiles at her. "See you in the morning."

"Can't wait for that special breakfast."

Watching him walk away, she bites her lip and scooches down deeper in the covers. Oh, how I wish I could be in his bed cuddled up to him but I can't help but wonder why we are so drawn to each other. Staring off for a few minutes pondering over what it could be, she can't hold back the large yawn that reminds her of her need for sleep. Before drifting off, a thought pops into her mind that makes her smile. I've got a date with Dean Winchester tomorrow!