Books and Pie

Sighing in frustration, Sam sets down his book. "I haven't found anything new, how about you guys?"

"No." Mae and Dean answer in unison and they stare wide eyed at each other for a few seconds.

Raising his eyebrow, Sam smirks at the joint answers. "I'm going to go get some more books."

"There's more books?" Mae's head nearly falls off her shoulders with the speed she whips her head around to face Sam.

"Yeah, back in the stacks." Sam replies.

"Stacks..." Her mouth drops open. "Can I come with you? I would love to see your collection."

"Of course, c'mon." Sam nods as he stands.

Mae jumps up at his invitation. "Thank you!"

Sam and Mae start walking back to the stacks, he looks over at her. "You really like books, don't you?"

"Yes! Especially how they smell." She answers.

"Right!" Sam agrees. "Do you remember standardized tests at school?"

She squeaks. "Those smelled amazing!"

Dean sits alone at the table listening to their voices trail off, feeling a bit left out he heads for the kitchen. "I need more beer for this."

Returning to the table with a few beers and a bottle of water, he sits down and waits for the other two to come back. He takes a long swig from his bottle and tries to focus on the papers in front of him but his attention is pulled to the mysterious woman currently searching the bunker's library. Who is this woman? Why is she helping us? They've been back there for a while... when are they gonna come back?

Sam and Mae enter the room laughing like they are best friends. "Really? No, you guys didn't!"

"Yeah, we pretended to be teddy bear doctors." Sam begins to laugh again. "Dean also got beat up by a little kid on that hunt." They bust out laughing once again and Dean grimaces at the memory of that hunt.

As they reach the table, Dean gives Sam a 'really' face. "Did you two find anything useful or was it just story time?"

"Actually we grabbed a few more scrolls and books that might help." Sam gestures down to the materials in their hands.

Dean glances over and then back to the paper in front of him. "Great, break time's over, now let's get back to this."

Sam and Mae sit back in their seats giving each other confused looks. "I just hope one of those beers is for me." Sam says eyeing up the bottles and Dean hands him one.

Scanning the papers to her left, Mae notices as Dean slides the bottle of water towards her. "Did you get me a water?"

"Yeah, figured you might want something other than holy water." He chuckles.

She smirks at him as she picks up the water and drinks. "Still nice and cold though." They all have a good laugh at that.

After a few hours of the three of them reading and rereading all the books, papers, and reports that they can get their hands on, someone's stomach growls rather loudly.

Dean looks down with a sheepish grin on his face. "Guess I need some food."

"I could eat." Sam says, then he turns his gaze to Mae. "How about you?"

"Oh, I think I've intruded long enough, you boys go eat." she replies.

"No, you should stay and eat with us." Sam offers before Dean could even say a word. "We can get some pizza, wings, and fries and have a movie night. Have some fun after all this research."

Dean gives him a look, as Mae just sits there pondering. "Did you say wings?"

"Yeah, we know a great place for wings. What do you say?" Sam gives her a bright smile.

Mae thinks for a few seconds. "As long as we add some pie to that, I'm in."

"Sure, no problem. Dean loves pie." Sam says clapping his brother on the shoulder.

Dean sits there watching this scene unfold with a mix of emotions. I can't believe Sam just did that. A movie night what's he playing at? I do love me some pie though...