What In The Hell Just Happened?

"What was that!" they both exclaim.

Their eyes lock and both feel a strong pull towards each other. As if in a trance they both slowly move in, closing the gap between them, so that there is but a mere margin separating their lips. They close their eyes ready for what's next. Without having direct eye contact, Mae is able to somewhat pull out of her daze.

"Why am I feeling so drawn to you?" she asks.

"I feel it, too." he whispers with his eyes still closed. "Reminds me a little of Amara."

"Who?" she pulls back a little farther.

"Amara, The Darkness." his eyes flick open and he blinks a few times. "She's God's sister and I felt similar around her."

Her eyes go wide. "You've met her?"

"Yeah, we just helped Chuck and Amara make peace." he answers and goes to dip his head down to kiss her.

"I need to go..." she says looking spooked. "You should find Sam."

She hurries to exit the car and dashes around the corner of the nearest building. Dean is stunned by her sudden disappearing act and the events of the night. He just sits there a moment, taking everything in. Then he gets out of the car and runs towards where he saw her flee to just moments before. Once there he looks around and is dumbfounded when all he sees is a dead end and no trace of the woman who he was just talking to.

"Mae!" he shouts out, but to no avail, there's no reply.

Shaking his head in confusion, he walks back to the Impala and climbs in the driver's side with a sigh of frustration. "What in the hell just happened?" he runs his hands over his face.

"Cas!" he shouts. "Get your feathery ass down here, we got a lead on Sam."

Within seconds the sound of ruffling feathers fills the car and the angel sits next to Dean. "Where did this lead come from?"

"Well, I came here to blow off some steam, you know, Sam's gone, every lead is coming up dry." Dean rubs the back of his neck. "When this woman came over to me and she wanted to talk. She told me, well, she told me a lot of stuff but there's a British Men of Letters and they took Sam."

"So where is he now?"

"I don't know but she said to look at recently rented or bought properties." he replies staring blankly ahead.

"Are you alright Dean? You seem a bit dazed."

"I can't even begin to explain how I'm feeling right now." he exhales heavily.