chapter 12

Aleena pov:

Antonio looped his arm around Lucia's shoulder moving her to the center where the mats lay.

I moved towards them, but a firm hand gripped my elbow. I turned my head to face him.

His eyes narrowed looking at me then towards his sister. "Miguel will come for you when Lucia is done" he said with a stern voice.

I gave him a slight nod.

I moved my arm, but he tightened his grip. I looked down at his hand back to his face.

Donatello let out an airy laugh releasing his grip, shaking his head from any thought he was thinking.

He walked towards the door leaving the heat of his grip on my arm.

Antonio and Lucia were on the mats stretching out, while I sat down on a storage box watching them.

I watched them as they got into fighting position, he was giving her instructions on what to do. A big grin appeared on Antonio's face, gesturing her to attack her.

They circled each other before she pounced at him throwing punches near his abdomen, he blocked each one restraining her arm as she tried to get out, which she did by hitting his groin.

He fell on the floor covering that area laughing. Lucia gave him her hand to help him up.

Antonio took her hand only to drag her down rolling on the floor, she burst out in laughter holding her stomach.

He laid on his side resting on his elbow watching as she laughed.

I thought about interrupting asking, 'is this a part of training too'. But I just let them enjoy this moment, finding it sweet to watch.

Antonio stood up helping Lucia get to her feet. She smiled at him; he returned the gesture.

He moved closer placing a piece of hair that came lose from her braid behind her ear.

Her cheeks turning redder than they were.

I let out a low cough, interrupting the moment. Lucia wiped her head towards me giving me a guilty look, I raised my brow staring at Antonio, who only gave me a shrug. "you should drink something" he told Lucia, she nodded heading to her bag.

I could see the guilt on his face as he approached me. 'did he think I was going tell Donatello'.

He didn't need to worry. I wouldn't tell him anything.

"who are you?" he questioned. I tilted my head to look at him. "a friend, who are you?" I said standing up.

"a friend" he answered.

I raised a brow "is that so?"

"of course," he grinned.

Lucia walked towards us, her face returning her normal colour. She gave me a shy smile.

"Aleena this is Antonio, his father is the underboss in New York" she introduced.

If his father was in New York what was he doing here. He extended his arm "it's a pleasure to meet you".

"likewise," I replied "what are you doing here if your fathers in New York" I asked getting a disapproving shake from Lucia "you cannot just ask that Aleena especially with his occupation" she laughed nervously.

I turned to look at Antonio who was just studying me.

"sorry" I muttered.

He smiled "it's alright" he went to face Lucia. "I think we should get back into first position".