Good morning. (Kai)

It was quiet in the walker household. The sun had not yet risen above the edge of the world. And the morning birds were still asleep in the trees.

The masters of water, lightning, and even the master of fire were sleeping calmly. Kai had come to admire his new nephew, and catch up with his friend and sister. Last night Nya had gone to bed earlier, still recovering from the birth of the newborn Walker baby.

But Kai and Jay had talked and enjoyed being together.

Yet not everyone was asleep. The small pitter-patter of feet was heard in the hallway as a door opened softly. The fire ninja opened his eyes as he heard his door open, ready for anything he prepared for an attack.

It would come any moment now.

"Uncy Kai?" A soft voice came from the door and Kai relaxed before he turned. "Hey, Mara."

He whispered as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. In the doorway stood a 4 year old girl. Her bright eyes shone in the dark. Her red hair was messed up in ways he could only be jealous about.

She held onto her stuffed dragon and her pajama pants had ridden up her leg. With her bare feet she stepped closer to his bed. Kai opened his blanket and the young girl jumped right in, snuggling against him. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked softly, as he pressed the tiny cold body against his chest. She shook her head, as she put her thumb in her mouth. She pulled her dragon against her cheek and closed her eyes. Within moments she was asleep, leaving Kai flabbergasted by the young girl. She was the spitting image of Jay. Freckles, red hair. And yet she was so much like Nya when she was little. She was quite the spitfire Jay said, and the two parents could have their hands full if she threw a tantrum. But she was also the sweetest girl they ever saw, wanting to help her mom and dad as much as possible.

Kai gently pulled the small body against his and closed his eyes for just a few more hours before the sun would rise and the hustle and bustle would start.

"Uncle Kai..." The tiny voice woke him again from his slumber. "hmm?" He managed to get out of his mouth. He wasn't that good at talking when he was still half asleep.

"Can I live with you?" The tone of her voice made Kai open his eyes. Mara sounded sad, scared even. Something was wrong. Kai's protective nature burst out in full force as he looked at the young girl who stared at him with watery eyes. "Of Course you can, sweety." He replied, feeling her body relax just a bit in his arms. "Don't you rather want to live with your mom and dad?" He asked carefully, as his mind raced 100 miles an hour trying to figure out why Mara did not want to live at home anymore. Were they threatened? Did Jay do something? He was going to murder Jay if he hurt the little girl in his arms.

"Yes, but they have a new baby now... so they don't need me anymore. They need to love the new baby and they don't have love left for me." Kai's anger melted as if he torched it with his internal flame. "Oh darling..." Kai pulled her closer into his arms as quiet sobs filled the room. "Listen to me, sweety. Look at me." The little girl looked up from his chest. her cheeks wet from tears. "Your parents love you very much. And they love the baby very much too. They don't want you gone. They would be heartbroken." She sniffed, not truly believing him yet. "When someone joins the family they don't have to share the love with more people. The love gets multiplied and they have got even more love to give each other. Remember the stories when your dad, uncle Cole, uncle Zane and me were a team. And then uncle Lloyd joined us. We had to get used to each other, but then we became a family and we loved each other even more." The girl looked confused and Kai tried to think of another example. "Alright, when you got Puf, you loved him right?" She nodded. "And then uncle Zane gave you Bo. And you love him just as much." Mara nodded as she put her thumb in her mouth. "Well, that's how it works." Mara pushed herself against him. Kai wondered if she was going to cry again, but a huge sigh left her and he felt her tiny body relax. "So, you still want to live with me. Because I can tell uncle Lloyd he will have to share his room with you." She looked up and her eyes sparkled with mischief. "Yes! Oh can I, can I? Uncle Lloyd has the best candy ever!!" She got out of his arms and started jumping on his bed. Kai laughed at her actions, relieved he got the girl's worries away. "Who knows, perhaps he will bring you some when he gets here today." Kai laughed as he grabbed the girl and pulled her back down. She smiled widely. "Uncle Lloyd is coming to visit?!" Kai looked at the little girl with fake hurt. "I thought I was your favorite uncle."

"Pffft" The girl waved him away. "No, that is Uncle Cole. You are the bestest sweet love wonderful awesomest uncle ever." She put her little arms around him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "I love you. Is it wake-up time yet?" She asked as she hung from his neck. A bit flabbergasted by the display of affection, Kai pulled Mara in a tight embrace. Taking in the sweet sign of affection for a moment. When he let her go he grabbed his phone. "Let me check."

6:55

Ah well, it had to do. "Yes, but let's be quiet and let your mom and dad sleep. I can make you some breakfast if you like."

"Yes!" She jumped out of bed and pumped her fist. She wasn't like Nya at all. She was more like him. The fire ninja realized as she swooped her hair back like a professional model.

Well, good luck Nya and Jay. 

Kai snickered to himself as the toddler pulled him towards the door.