Starfairer fighter. (Cole)

Alright, I saw this conversation during an episode of Mech X4 and I just had to write a story about it. 

Cole sighed as he looked around the busy room. The chatter and noise were getting to him. He did not like being indoors and crowded like this. Kai and Lloyd were standing at a booth. Both had tried to lose their distinct color and covered up their hair. They did not want to stand out. Not this time.

The tickets to the Starfairer convention had been a present for Lloyd. Jay was supposed to join Kai and Lloyd but he had fallen sick in the last few days. Cole suspected the fact Zane and Pixal would be out all day had something to do with it. He practically begged the earth ninja to join. Not that Jay needed to beg. Cole would have gladly given him some time with his soon-to-be wife. And he loved seeing the excited sparkles in Lloyds eyes. It was bad enough they robbed him of his childhood. The last thing he could do was to tag along for one day.

"Ah, crap."

Cole looked up from his pondering. A girl dressed in some kind of armor carrying a shield and a sword had stopped next to him. She looked tired and her longing eyes looked at him with defeat.

"What's wrong?" Cole asked, instinctively wanting to solve the problem of others.

But the girl waved it away. Her hair was tied into two ponytails on top of her head. One was painted green and the other black. The black stripe over her eyes reminded him of Kai's avatar in Prime Empire.

"I thought there was a seat here. My feet are killing me." She stated, placing her sword against the wall. It was a good replica but it was clearly made of foam instead of metal like he was used to.

"No, sorry. I can lend you a piece of wall to lean against?" Cole suggested with a smile. But the girl waved it away as she crossed her legs and smoothly sat down in a cross-legged position. "No, I will sit on the floor if you don't mind."

Cole smiled at her as she adjusted her skirt to lay neatly over her crossed legs. He gave one look to Kai and Lloyd seeing they were still browsing through the huge pile of comics at the same booth. With the same ease, he sat down on the ground next to her.

"I'm Cole." He stuck out his hand. She shook it firmly. "I'm Ava." She smiled again. She had a cute smile. "So... you are a..." He tried to think of the word Lloyd was talking so excited about. 

"Girl?" She suggested with a smile. Cole snickered and the smile lingered around his lips. "Sorry, This is my first time at a convention."
Ava nodded. "I can tell. I am Corin the barbarian." She smiled as she looked at her costume. "Cosplayer." Cole pointed at her. "That was the word. I am here with my br... friends." He pointed at Lloyd and Kai. They had not moved yet. "They have been at that booth for about 20 minutes."

Ava laughed. "So no Starfairer-fan I guess?" Cole shrugged his shoulders. "Not as much as those two. If this was a bakery convention or video game convention I would be geeking out." Ava raised her eyebrows, looking a bit impressed. "So, cookie/gamer guy?" Cole shook his head. "Pie/gamer." He stated in full commitment, nodding his head in affirmation. His eyes met with Ava's and both burst into laughter.

"Well, who knows. If there ever is a bakery/video game convention we can go together." She stated with a smile.

"But only if we cosplay," Cole said with an equally wide smile. Ava sat up straight and pointed at the earth ninja. "Yes! We will cosplay as our favorite flavor" The smile on her face was a million dollars and her whole face lit up in excitement and happiness.

Cole could not help but smile at her enthusiasm and in his head, a costume was already forming. He would be chocolate with vanilla frosting.

"Ava! There you are we have been looking everywhere for you!" The cosplayer looked up seeing a girl dressed in the same kind of way as Ava, except for a different color for the emblems. "Come on the show is about to start." The girl crossed her arms as she looked from him to Ava. "Who's the friend."
"This is Cole," Ava stated as she looked at him. "Are you and your friends coming to the show?"

Cole looked at Kai and Lloyd at the booth. "I don't know, I will go and ask them."

"Ava, we have to go if we want good seats." The girl jumped from one leg to the other. Cole smiled at Ava as he got to his feet. He put out his hand and she grabbed it as he gently pulled her up from the ground. "It was fun talking to you Cole," Ava stated. Cole nodded and raised his hand as he quickly lost sight of them in the crowd. He was about to walk away when he saw her sword still standing against the wall. He turned to see if he could still spot her, but she was long gone. Perhaps he would see her later. He strapped her sword on his back and made it towards Kai and Lloyd. "Guys are you almost done, the show is about to start." The two turned around looking a bit surprised at the earth ninja. "You did not tell me you were cosplaying Cole," Lloyd stated in excitement as he saw the sword on his friend's back. "It's not mine. Ava has forgotten it and since she is going to the show, I thought we could go too and give it back."

Kai grabbed Lloyds arm as he looked at Cole in shock. "Ava? Who is Ava? Don't tell me that not-a-big-fan-of-Starfairer-Cole has met a girl at a Starfairer convention." Kai stepped closer and stared at Cole, but Cole just huffed in annoyance. "We just talked for like 5 minutes. Nothing more Kai." Lloyd gently pushed the fire ninja. "Leave him alone Kai. Let's see if we can get seats for the show."

~~~~#~~~~

Of course, the show had to turn out into a battle. It was as if it was their fate to have to fight everywhere they go. The three robots that were supposed to give a show turned evil and were now chasing after the con-crowd. It took Cole, Kai, and Lloyd 2 seconds to move and soon enough they were trying to get everyone out of the large hall while dodging blows and shots.

Cole was attacking one of the robots when he saw her. Ava was standing in front of her friend and a smaller girl, trying to get them to hide behind the chairs. Cole moved fast as he pounded down on the robot. The robot moved a bit backward and Cole kept on pounding it. It revved its engine before it drove backward, away from his pounding fists. "Get out Ava," Cole yelled, giving them some room to move away. Of course, that was the moment the robot started to shoot. Cole ducked away, looking at Ava's eyes. They were only inches apart and he could feel his cheeks warm up. "Hi." He said smiling. Despite their situation, Ava smiled back. "Hi." His eyes fell on her shield. That would give him some time to move. "Can I borrow this?" He asked as he pointed at her shield. Ava nodded and handed it to him. "COLE!" She shouted in shock as he jumped up, covering himself for about three steps with the shield. With the third shot the shield gave in, but it gave Cole the room he needed. "Ninjago!" He shouted as he tornado-ed towards the robot hitting it with rocks. The robot gave in quickly and as its light died Cole's eyes searched for his brothers. Lloyd was on his way to Kai, hitting the robot with a green blast of energy.

After that, it turned eerily quiet in the large hall.

He turned to the three girls behind him, seeing the shock still on their faces. "Are you alright?" He asked, helping them to their feet. "Yeah... We... I... Thank you." Ava stammered. "I am sorry I broke your shield," Cole stated as he handed the burned piece of Worbla to the barbarian. Ava looked at it in shock, but then she smiled cheekily. "Ah, it only costs like.. a piece of pie and a coffee?" She stated, placing her hand on her hips. Cole's face fell in surprise. "Oh, that's like.. 7 bucks?" He stated, rubbing the back of his head wondering where he put his wallet. But Ava giggled in response.

"Dude... I want you to ask me out for a piece of pie and a coffee." She shook her head as she smiled at him. "Man, you are bad at this. Give me your phone." Cole handed it over as he saw her hands move quickly as she added her number. "There. Give me a call alright?" She smiled. He nodded before he remembered her sword on his back. "I guess it will be pie, a coffee, and an ice cream?" He spoke hopefully as he saw the state of the sword. It was battered and bend and somehow it looked worse than the shield. Ava snickered as she took it from him. "I am sure we can get to an agreement. But your friends are waiting for you. Thanks again for saving us." Ava grabbed her friend and the smaller girl who were both staring at him in amazement and made it out of the room quickly. "So... just a chat you say. Did she give you her number?" Kai stated, smiling his cocky smile at the earth ninja. "Oh just shut it, Kai," Cole replied, grabbing Lloyds shirt and pulled the green ninja with him.