Shape of you

Alright, It has been a while. I had to recover from Crystalized (the feels!!!) and the news Tommy is going to leave Ninjago. Can't wait what the new writers will do. 

This story is tiny. But I put my time into finding the perfect dance vid to go with it. And then I found it. It is perfect.  I want to put in links to clips, but I can't make it work. Maybe copy paste it? 

The ninjas were training, doing their chores, or playing games when something filled the monastery they had not heard in a while. Music was pounding from the courtyard. It had a swaying rhythm and the ninja made their way to the origin of the sound. In the courtyard, they saw their new roommate. She was wearing a tight-fitting outfit. A scarf was tied around her hips, making it fan out as she moved. Kyra was dancing to the beat. She was a good dancer, and she moved perfectly in sync with the music. Kyra was a friend of Pixal, and the droid had brought her to them when she got hurt by a monster attack and her home got blown to pieces. She had been recovering and living with them for about a week now.

Jay let out an enthusiastic yell when he recognized her steps and ran to her. Her face burst into a wide smile as Jay moved to her. She offered him her hand and the two of them quickly danced on the floor. After a twirl or two, Kyra saw the look on Nya's face and quickly spun away from the ninja of lightning.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxHcx1d3Y0R6TXOnN5AajEHo0IxcLeB8V3  Or: 0.10-0.30

She now moved to Kai, who raised his hands in defense and stepped back, shaking his head like a madman. Kyra just laughed and looked at Zane. The nindroid smiled and offered her his hand.

The dancer elegantly accepted it as Zane pulled her closer and started some basic moves. She joined him and toned down her steps once more as she had done with Jay. Zane's face had turned serious as he tried to keep up with her fast steps. But he too was unable to keep up. He looked away from Kyra for a moment and smiled. He finished the steps and twirled her in a backward reaction.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx9YUpNufGrgunDVQonqOkoZZTrsJTe7Ez or 0.35  - 0.50

Suddenly Kyra was met with a broad chest. She could feel the strong muscles under her hands as she looked up at the black ninja. He looked down and smiled at her. His hand was on her waist and he gently took her other hand and raised it.

 https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxrLjf9W1FU4kxW4bscX2krR-Bf4OsrUr1 or 0.52 -1.10 

He moved, taking the lead without thinking. Kyra followed and the two moved quickly around the courtyard. Their steps were so fast, the other ninja had never seen Cole move that fast and smoothly. Jay dropped his mouth and even Zane raised his eyebrow, visibly impressed by the moves of their fellow ninja.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx6krGCqRgczgYtvMPs5xyr3kYdj_avGjz or 1.34 - end.

When the music ended, Cole tipped her down and pulled her back up. Both of them panting from the work they had been doing. Cole looked at her and his eyebrows knit together. "I know you." He said taking a step back. Kyra nodded as she pulled her hair backward. "Yes, you were that boy pushed by his father into Marty Oppenheimer." She pointed at him looking with a new light.

"You were that girl that told me to follow my own path. You are the reason I became a ninja." He still looks shocked. "Wait! You know that by just dancing with her?" Jay looks in shock from one to the other. His arm is wrapped around Nya's waist. Cole nods. "I danced a part of my dance for the audition. She knew it. So she must have danced with me at some point in time. I hardly recognized you." He still looks surprised at the girl next to him.

"Yeah, I did not realize it was you either." Kyra snickers. "But you would have passed with that dance."

She gently tapped his arm with the back of her hand. "But I see you had your goals much higher than M.O." She smiled kindly.

"What were you doing out here?" Pixal asked, handing Kyra and Cole a towel. "Training. This was the only place with a place large enough to move. And to be honest, I am far from done." Pixal stepped closer. "Be careful not to overdo yourself. You are not completely healed." Kyra nodded. "I won't but I can't sit still anymore." She looked at Cole. "Wanna join me?" But Cole shook his head. "No, to be honest, dancing isn't really my thing." Kyra Jay's hand shot in the air, but Nya pulled it down. "No, Jay." "You can both join. You and Zane too Pixal." Pixal looked at Zane, but he looked away. Not really want to dance. "Lloyd?" Kyra asked. The green ninja shrugged his shoulders. "Sure." Kyra smiled.

"Awesome. Just follow my moves."

She started to move. It took Lloyd a few tries, but then he caught up. When Lloyd joined, the others did too, even Kai, who did not have any rhythm joined them. Finally, even Cole joined.

After an hour they were all out of breath. But they all had smiles on their faces from the fun workout. shrugged her shoulders. "You could have fooled me. But perhaps others want to join me?"