Hot friend (kai)

Artwork: http://hielorei.tumblr.com/post/99196884802/2hot4sleeves 

After finally climbing all those stairs I was out of breath. 

Gees. 

I lost count somewhere between some pink trees and I lost my breath way before that. But I made it. The large red wooden door of the monastery was closed, but behind it, I could hear strange noises. Moans, shouts, and the sound of things being banged against metal and wood. 

Should I even knock on this door? I wondered slightly horrified.
What if he wasn't here? What if my research was wrong?

I jumped, shaken from my thoughts as the door opened slowly. An elderly man with a long beard stood in the doorway blocking my sight.

"He... hello" I managed to say as I clumsily stuck my hand in the air. 

"Hello dear, how can I help you?" The old man smiled kindly through his beard as his eyes ran over my body from top to bottom. 

"I... I am here..." I started. My mind was running a thousand miles an hour. I was wrong. I spend all this time flowing to a dead end. This guy is probably just a monk who lives here and...

"Sensei Wu, who is at the door?" I heard a voice call from inside. That shook me from my state and I smiled at the older man. 

"I am Penelope. I am looking for someone. Perhaps he has been here a while ago?" I fondled the picture as I folded it open. The dark-haired boy was smiling back at me as he wrapped his arm around the shoulders of younger me. "This is him. He is my cousin and I..." 

The older man took the picture from my hand. "Hmmm," he stroked his beard as he stared at it. He quickly returned it to me as he stepped back and opened the door a little bit further. "Perhaps you would like to come inside?" He asked as he stuck out his hand and gestured for me to step inside.

Should I? Should I walk in? I came this far. I took a step and another and walked into the monastery.

I looked around. I don't know what I expected but it was not this. In the courtyard stood a wooden contraption of spinning and swinging things like dummies and boxing balls. A boy with white-blond hair wearing a white training suit walked up to us. His eyes were the brightest blue I had ever seen. "Hello." He said gently. "I am Zane,'' he bowed slightly. "I am Penelope," I replied, looking back at the old man. "Welcome. What brings you to our monastery?" Zane asked gently. "I am looking for my cousin, he..."

"Pebble?" 

A familiar voice came from behind me. I turned, and my heart rate sped up. A couple of steps away stood someone dressed in all black. Even his head was covered with a black hood and mask. Was it him? After looking for almost a year? I froze on the spot, as he moved his hand and pulled his hood away. 

He looked older, stronger. A smile flashed over his lips as he stepped closer. He looked so happy. I had not seen him this happy if there wasn't any cake. With a few steps, he was next to me, wrapping his strong arms around me. It had been a year since he disappeared. I had been so worried. And now I found him.
I looked up.
He was fine, he was not dead. Emotions were swirling inside me. I wanted to cry, I wanted to laugh, but I also felt angry, slapping his arm off me.

"You could have let me know you were here, you boulder brain!" I snapped at him before I pulled him back into my embrace. I had missed him so much. My throat tightened and my sight became blurry as tears welled up in my eyes. 

"I know. I am sorry. I did not want dad..." 

I looked up and slapped his arm again, before wiping my running nose and cheeks with my sleeve. "I would never tell uncle Lou and you know it. I have been worried sick. I traveled through all of Ninjago after I found out you did not enlist at Ma..." a hand on my mouth stopped me from talking further. 

"I know I know. I will explain alright. Just.." Cole looked around and I followed his gaze. A few more people had gathered around with amused looks on their faces. "I want you to meet my friends first." He removed his hand from my face as I nodded. "You already met Zane. This is Jay." The boy in blue shuffled to the side nervously. "This is Nya." The girl in red smiled and waved at me.

"And I am Kai." The boy in red stated as he stepped closer and grabbed my hand. "And who is this sexy lady?" He smiled at me. Man, he was hot! His hair was perfectly groomed and though he wasn't as muscular as Cole, he looked strong and his bare arms showed his powerful arms. My cheeks flared up as he winked at me. "I am Penelopy. But you can call me Pen." Kai moved closer as he grabbed my hand and kissed it. A giggle escaped my lips causing Cole to pull me away from the boy in red.

"Pebble here is my cousin," Cole stated. "Hmm, cousin you say?" The old man stepped closer. "This is sensei Wu," Cole stated respectively. It was a tone I barely heard from him. 

"Hmmm." The old man looked at me again. "You have your mother's baring." He stated, smiling slightly. I smiled back. "I get that a lot." I look at Cole who stands beside me as his hand slips into mine. "Come, you must be thirsty." He stated as he gently pulled me inside. "Yeah, we are all up for a break," Kai said, wiggling his eyebrows at me. 

 A giggle escaped my lips once more and my stomach pulled together softly. He was a hot guy and he would flirt with me? No one ever flirted with me, and I was a bit clueless about how to react. "No, you are not done training." Sensei Wu stated. Kai let out a whine and his body bent over in defeat. "I already ran it 10 times." "Then make it a full 20." Sensei Wu shot back at him. Kai grumbled something, but turned and started to jump the wooden poles and kick the dummies. I lingered as I saw him building up a sweat. Man.. that guy was a fire! I felt the not so gentle pull on my arm as Cole pulled me with him towards a large entrance. 

"Come on, we have lot's to talk about." He said, wrapping his arm around me. 
"Yeah, but first you have to tell me if that hot friend of yours got a girlfriend." I snickered. Cole moaned. "He is so dead..." Cole muttered under his breath.