Just friends. (rewrite forever friends.) (Lloyd)

I have updated forever friends. Because it can be better. 

I will remove Forever friends later. If you feel like this, or any story needs a comment, I much appreciate it. 

"You can't keep doing this

"You can't keep doing this." I point my finger at Lloyd as we are lying on our stomachs on his bed. There is a torn bag of candy between us. My favorite.

It is an apology for canceling on me for the 5th time this month. Not that he needs to apologize. I know why he canceled on me. Pixel has told me. They have been lost in a different realm and it was hard to get them back. But he is back now, and all is well with the world, thanks to the ninjas.

Yet somehow he feels like he needs to apologize. It's just the third time he does it with this bag of my favorite candy I now have to share with him.

Lloyd puts a piece of candy in his mouth. "I know, Perhaps I will buy you a new comic next time." he winks as he unwraps another toffee. I quickly grab it and pop it in my mouth. "Hey, that's mine." He protests as I giggle, softly celebrating my small win. It is hard to be quicker than the green ninja.

"Hmmm, caramel." I savor the flavor as I turn to my back, looking at the ceiling. There is a moment of silence between us and I look at my lifelong friend. I have known Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon since we both were playing in the sandbox and he took away my bucket. I had slapped him with my plastic shovel and since then we have been best friends. I was so proud of him when he got to Darklies and even more proud when he got out. But then, it got ...weird for a while when he suddenly turned out older than me.

But when he showed up on my birthday, taking me to the comic store where we hung out all day like before, it felt better, more natural. Somehow it feels like as I grow older, the age difference is wearing off again. We hang out more often now. When he is not saving the world.

I look at the large bruise on the side of his face. It is almost faded, but it must have hurt. I close my eyes. He always tells me not to worry. But I still do.

"I do like the new Starfarer spinoff. Have you read it?" I ask him, looking at his ceiling, trying to change my chain of thought. Right now, he isn't the green ninja. He is just Lloyd. My Lloyd... Uh... Friend... My friend.

"Pfft. I don't like the hero. Tiros is too perfect." I hear Lloyd grumble as the bag of candy makes a crunching noise.

I snort. "Heros are always too perfect. Look at you guys."

Lloyd burst out in laughter. "We are far from perfect Yana." he laughs as turns and lies next to me. We both look at the ceiling. Lloyd snickers as he starts dangling a piece of candy in front of my face. I try to grab it with my teeth, but Lloyd moves it away. I snicker and try again, but I miss it once more. I turn and see he is about to put it in his own mouth. Quickly, I turn towards him, wrapping my leg around his hips. I mount him and take advantage of the moment he is still frozen from shock.