Just friends part 2 (Lloyd)

It feels nice and warm as I start to wake up. I can feel two strong arms around me and my pillow is gently moving up and down. I am lying in Lloyd's arms. I can hear his heartbeat beating slow and steady. Who knew his heartbeat could be this slow.

It occurs to me it probably beat that fast because of me. I smile as I think about what happened last night. It still feels like a dream. I kissed Lloyd, and he kissed me. I fight the urge to giggle as I open my eyes and peek up at Lloyd's face. He is still sleeping and he looks so cute. His blond hair is a mess and there is a calmness on his face I barely get to see. It is not easy being the green ninja. I snuggle up against him gently, not wanting to wake him up.

The morning light is slowly peeking through his window. It is still very early and the sun is just rising. Yet I can hear the soft opening and closing of doors and movement in the hallway. Someone is up already. It is probably Zane, Lloyd says the nindroid is up before dawn.

I can feel Lloyd waking up, as his arms start to move towards his face. He rubs his eyes to get rid of the sleepiness before he looks down at me. He smiles gently as he stretches. "Good morning." He yawns before he kisses my head. "Morning," I say softly, snuggling into him. "Did you sleep ok?" He asks, using the same hushed tone as me.

I nod before I stretch as well. After that we snuggle up even closer, feeling comfortable just being close together.

Too late we hear the noise outside of the door.

"Come on Lloyd, time to get up! It is not like you to...." The door flies open and Kai is standing in the doorway, staring at us with a look of shock on his face.

I can guess what he is seeing. Lloyd still has his arms around me and I am safely tucked into his arms.

Kai looks from me to Lloyd as he tries to process what he is seeing.

He looks over his shoulder into the hallway, and steps into Lloyds room, closing the door behind him just a little. I can feel Lloyd tense up beside me. Kai stares down at Lloyd "What is going on here, bud?" His tone has a warning in it and the fire ninja raises his eyebrow impressively.

I blush deeply as I realize what Kai is thinking, trying not to look at Kai or Lloyd.

Lloyd isn't half as shocked as I am. Or perhaps he is just better at hiding it. He stretches and gently lets go of me.

"Yana has spent the night, Kai. It's not like it's the first time she did this. You don't have to freak out." Lloyd moves and steps out of his bed, I can see Kai relax as he sees Lloyd is wearing pajamas.

Without Lloyd, it feels a lot colder, so I cuddle into the blankets. I am not as used to getting up this early, and my head is still too groggy to think straight.

"We fell asleep yesterday evening. When we woke up, it was the middle of the night. We didn't want to wake you guys by getting the guest room ready." Lloyd says as he pulls his gi over his head. "So she slept here." His eyes flash towards me as he smiles. In spite of his efforts, his cheeks do turn a bit pink when our eyes meet.

"Well.. alright then. No problem." Kai claps his hands, looking a bit relieved. He turns back to me with a smirk on his lips. "So.. yeah...There is breakfast in the kitchen, Yana. You can take as much as you want. Zane can always make more if we are short." He points excessively with his fingers as he is backing out towards the bedroom door, not really looking at me.
I sit up straight and stretch, nodding in response. I guess it is time for me to wake up as well. Lloyd has already changed into his training gear but steps back toward his bed. "Are you coming Lloyd?" Kai asks impatiently, looking out the hallway again.