Massage and Cake (Cole)

Training had been rough. More than rough. It had been hard, and I had pushed myself further than I did before. At the time I thought it was a good idea. At the time I was proud of myself, working myself until I could no longer talk because I needed the air to breathe.

But now, it just felt stupid. After my shower, I was still tired. So I thought it would be smart to lie on the couch to get some rest, but it had the opposite effect I wanted. And now it was too late. Every muscle in my body hurt, and as a reaction, my head was starting to hurt.

Unable to move without pain, I kept lying on the couch, even though I knew it would be better to move around.

So, I turned on the tv to distract myself a bit. I was watching a strange movie about a construction worker who turned out to be the chosen one and he could build anything but only wanted to build a double couch. It did not make sense and I could feel my eyes fall shut now and again. But then I moved and something in my body shot up in pain.

"Hey, Yana." A familiar voice came from the door.

I froze. Cole had entered the living room. He was one of the ninjas that trained me and... he was kinda cute. I got distracted by him, making me lose a battle more than once during training.

"Hey, Cole." I managed to say, as he walked towards the couch. I tried to move to make some space for him when a painful moan escaped my lips. I quickly looked at the earth ninja to see if he heard it. He raised his eyebrow as he stopped moving. So.. he did hear it.

My cheeks flared up at his reaction, a bit ashamed by my weakness.

"Are you alright?" He crossed his arms as he looked down at me. His brown eyes piercing holes inside my skull. I was still trying to sit up, moving as slowly as I could. If I moved any faster, sharp shots of hot pain moved up my legs and shoulders.

"Yeah.." I said, trying to focus back on the TV once more. The couch sank next to me, signaling Cole had sat down next to me.

"Come here." His voice was low and held a hint of irritation. My head snapped towards him, wondering what he wanted from me. He was sitting in the corner and had his arms open. Was he.... suggesting we'd .... cuddle? I stared at him, my cheeks heating up like one of Kai's fires.

"I can see you are in pain Yana. Come here." He beckoned me with his hands as he kept them open.

"Wha...What are you talking about?" I managed to say, moving away from him. This resulted in a sharp flash of pain in my shoulders. I could not hide the flinch and the expression on Cole's face changed from neutral to irritated.

"You have strained yourself with training, Yana. Don't make me order you to come over here." He sounded frustrated and I spotted a slight blush on his sun-kissed cheeks.

I finally moved towards the spot he was pointing at. He had spread his legs and moved against the backrest of the couch, pointing at the soft carpet on the ground. I carefully sat down on the ground, my back against the seat of the couch, between Cole's strong legs. I wondered what he was going to do, and looked at him over my shoulder. I almost jumped when he put his strong hands gently on my shoulders, but he pushed me back to the ground. "Stay.."

I recognized an order when I heard one and I was back on the ground quickly.

His hands were warm and slowly but surely the warmth of his hands was seeping into my sore muscles. He had not moved his hands yet and I slowly started to calm down. My eyes drew back to the strange movie. Somehow the main character was in a western setting now.

The weight of Cole's hands calmed me down a bit and I caught myself slowly starting to lean against his left leg. But then his hands started to move. His fingers softly dug into my shoulder muscles. Instantly I tensed back up.