Frozen

Zane had locked himself in his room. He was working hard on a project and the other ninja had been loud and distracting. He desperately needed some peace and quiet. He was looking at the blueprints in front of him when he heard it. 

"Zane?" He heard the muffled voice of Lloyd. Then much to his surprise, he heard two high-pitched voices coming from outside his door. 

*knock* *knock* *knockknockknock*

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Come on let's go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door.
It's like you've gone awaaaaaay
We used to be best buddies and now we're not
I wish you would tell me whyyyyyyy!
Do you wanna build a snowman?
It doesn't have to be a snowman. 

Zane sighed in frustration. 

"Go away Jay and Lloyd!" He said, trying to focus on his work. 

Ok bye!!!!

The silence returned from outside his door, and Zane focused on his work again. If he could just get this one wire to connect with the resistance. He put on his rubber gloves to stop the current from his body from accidentally sparking over into the small device. Carefully he attached the wire and pulled his hands away with a content sight. Right on to the next step. 

*knock* *knock* *knockknockknock*

Zane looked up from his work as he heard two lower voices start to sing outside his door. 

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Or ride our bikes around the halls
I think some company is overdue
I started talking to the pictures on the walls!

Hang in there Wu

It gets a little lonely all these empty halls
Watching the hours tick by

*click* *clack* *click* *clack*

Zane smiled, looking over his shoulder. But his hand moved in the motion pulling the wire he had just worked so hard on from its tube. Zane was not one who cursed, but some unkind words did flash up in his mind. 

"Leave me alone Cole! You too Kai!" 

Soon the silence returned and finally, Zane got the peace and quiet he longed for Zane worked hard during the day. The light was leaving his room and it was getting later as he worked. He was almost done. Just a few more steps. He told himself for the millionth time today. 

*knock* *knock* *knock*

"Zane?" He heard Nya calling him. He looked up, only then realizing the day was almost at an end. He remembered the calls of his brothers earlier that day. He recognized the song. Thank the first spinjitzu master Nya was too mature for those shenanigans. 

Please I know you're in there
People are asking where you've been
They say "have courage" and I'm trying to

I'm right out here for you
Just let me in.
We only have each other
It's just you and me
What are we gonna do?

Zane closed his eyes and smiled. He loved his brothers and sister. And it was indeed time to get out of this room. He just did not understand why they had to sing for him. 

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Zane put his tools away. Right. They wanted to build a snowman. He opened the door, seeing Nya standing in front of it, his brothers a few steps behind her. "Even you Nya?" He asked smiling. "You all know I am not Elsa." 

"We know, but Jack Frost doesn't have a song."  Cole snickered.  Lloyd looked at him with a sparkle in his eyes. "Will you please build a snowman with us?" He asked. Zane nodded and stuck out his hand to the green ninja. "Sure, as long as we call it Olaf and Kai gives it a warm hug." 

"Hey!" The ninja in red protested as the group made their way outside.