Prologue: The worlds that orbit the sun

??? POV:

Humanity has grown so much after the wreckage it caused upon itself a few thousand years ago.

Once they were simply stuck between mars and earth, but now they've claimed every planet and turned it into a nation.

Obviously, they don't live on every planet, instead, they have space colonies orbiting the planets.

Imagine a chain floating around a planet. And each link of that chain was its own city.

That's what humanity lives in now.

They've come so far since the days where they lived in biodomes on earth, fighting with their gears, which nowadays all have link systems, which is a system that wirelessly connects to the mind of a person to lessen the delay of control inputs.

But with that, has come the trend of pilots being cold and controlling their emotions.

And with the banning of advanced level artificial intelligence, in gears after an incident with the gears that pioneered the link system, the best pilots have to be in full control of their emotions to get any use from that system.

*sigh*

I've gotten off-topic.

Getting back to humanity, everything is almost perfect.

With everything so large, corruption is bound to arise.

A conspiracy theory has begun to spread like wildfire, and an organization has formed to start rioting.

Sadly, the conspiracy theory might be true. And I'm afraid the cost of that corruption will be great.

Change is on the horizon like the rising sun or moon.

It's inevitable... Especially now that the children of change are about to arrive.