Uranus pit stop: part 1

3rd person POV:

Inside the mess hall of the S.S Dawn, Cynthia entered along with Ryuka to find Saiko and Yn having an arm-wrestling contest.

This wasn't the first time one of the crew members of the Dawn walking in on the two having some kind of competition.

Unlike the last times, this time Yn seemed to be losing.

Ryuka: Who you think is going to win? My money is on miss Amazon.

Cynthia:...

Cynthia: Yn will win.

Ryuka: You can see he's losing, right?

Cynthia: He's too stubborn and hot-headed. So if she doesn't have the strength to beat him right away...

Cynthia: Then there is no way she or anyone could beat him in a game of endurance.

Saiko:(struggling) Surrender.

Yn:(struggling) Never... For as long as the game is still going... I will never surrender for my burning soul will not allow it!

Slowly, from the edge of defeat, Yn went on overdrive and began turning this match around.

Saiko:!?

Yn: RAAAAAAHHHHH!

Saiko: This...cannot be!

Yn: HIYA!

(SLAM)

Yet again, Yn proved victorious against Saiko.

Cynthia: Pay up.

Ryuka:!?

Ryuka: I didn't know we were actually betting!

Cynthia: You said you put your money on her. Now pay up, are you all talk?

Ryuka: Um... I don't really have any money on me.

Cynthia: Then it seems you're going to have to pay me another way.

Ryuka: How?

Cynthia:... You'll see.

Joining the two fellow pilots, the three of them began eating while Saiko stared at her arm with mixed emotions she did not understand.

Shock, anger, and disappointment in herself were the emotions she was feeling as she stared at her own arm.

It almost seemed like she was considering chopping off her own arm for failing her.

Yn: Lighten up. I told you at the start that you would lose against me.

While still staring at her arm, she asked.

Saiko: Why did I lose? I should be stronger than you.

Yn: Pretty sure I proved you wrong.

Saiko:...

Cynthia: Stop mocking her.

Yn: She's a grown-up, she can take it.

The eclipse pilot then turned her head towards Yn, but for the first time, they all saw an obvious amount of emotion in her eyes.

Those eyes of hers were filled with determination.

Saiko: Yn Direx. Mark my words...

Saiko:(glares) I will defeat you.

Yn: Dream on amazon.

She continued to glare at him.

(Opening theme)