Chapter 79

Tord was exhausted, he had slept maybe an hour last night. The two soldiers updating him on his father's status finally left the room and Tord let his eyes close for a second then abruptly opened them again to see Tom in a red army uniform. Tord squinted at him.

'Am I hallucinating right now? Damn I really need to sleep' he thought to himself. The Tom look alike spoke up,

"Reporting for duty sir!"

"Ever so sorry, but your name soldier?"

"You should know that, Commie."

"Am I hallucinating? Or did you break into the red army base?"

"Does that mean you've been dreaming about me?"

"How could I dream if I haven't slept long enough to go into REM?"

"No idea, babe." Tom shrugged, the light flashing on his silver ring on his left hand.

Tord blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes before getting to his feet and touching the side of Tom's face.

"You're really here."

"You should fix the security in this place. It was surprisingly easy to get in."

Tord wrapped Tom in a tight hug.

"Shut up and let me sleep."

Tord nestled his head onto Tom's shoulder and sighed happily.

Tord entangled his fingers with Tom's.

"I missed you so much Tom."

"I missed you too Commie."

Tord unconnected from the hug but still gripped onto Tom's fingers.

"Let's go to bed. Hmm?"

Tom nodded.

Tord corrected his posture and led Tom through the central building to the quarters. After scanning in the door opened and Tord stepped in, with Tom in tow. The door clicked softly behind them and Tord started to unbutton his uniform. He hung the navy coat on a hook on the wall and pulled off the red sweatshirt. Switching into a light gray T-shirt and grabbing Tom's old sweater from his bed, he slipped it over his head and pulled off his boots. He looked up to see Tom staring at him wide eyed.

"What? If you want to change go ahead. Bathroom's down the hall."

Tom tilted his head.

"Why would I go to the bathroom just to change?"

"No, I meant go to the bathroom if you need to piss or you want to brush your teeth."

Tord started to pull off his black pants and after doing so got up to find a pair of pajama bottoms. He furrowed his brow.

"Tom, do you have any spare pajama bottoms I could use? I've run out."

Tord looked over to see his boyfriend shirtless. Tord quickly averted his eyes as he blushed.

"Yeah."

Tom tossed him a pair which Tord soon caught and put on. Tord yawned and walked over to his bed. He tucked himself in the bed and brought the blankets up to his chin.

"Skootch Babe."

Tord moved over to allow a still shirtless Tom to lie down with him.

He wrapped his arms around Tom and rested his head on Tom's chest as he struggled to keep his eyes open. Tom kissed his forehead and held him tighter then mumbled out a good night. Tord fell into slumber right away.