Chapter 104

"Sweetie, time to wake u-" The calm motherly voice soon turned hostile and surprised. "Tom step away from my son."

Tom was still hazy, but when he heard an unknown muffled voice he jumped from holding his boyfriend, to in front of the bed, getting in a fighting stance. Tom could hear Tord stirring behind him, most likely looking for his knife. Trisha was scanning over Tom's face. And he assumed she was viewing the bruises he was currently wearing. This was going to not draw attention at school at all.

"Tom if you don't relax in this moment then I'm going to assume you are challenging me to a fight."

Tom paused for a moment, processing her words and his situation. He then took a deep and shaky breath, finally relaxing. They weren't at the base. It was morning and they were home. Trisha looked at the window. She seemed to quickly piece together what happened last night and decided to shrug it off. It was clear that they had been dependent on each other for a while and weren't in any state to be more than ten feet apart.

"Breakfast is downstairs. I have bacon, and coffee."

Tord and Tom both perked up at the name of their personal favorites, and both rushed down the stairs together. The duos hair was messy, Tom was still pretty dirty, and they looked like a tornado was the last thing they went through. But the boys had never been so happy in their life.

Trisha was staring at them from the counter, and Tom and Tord were just eating in silence.

"So... how was the base?"

Both seemed to tense and suddenly lost interest in their food. They shared a glance, eyes soft and careful.

"Fun. As always." Tord finally said. His voice cracked slightly as he spoke.

Trisha clearly noticed the change in her sons posture, and immediately rushed to hold him. But Tom was already there. He was hugging Tord from his side, pulling the other boy closer. Tord's eyes were full of water but none spilled past the edge of his eyelids. Trisha backed up to the counter, her face seemed perplexed but she let the scene be.

"So you guys are... close."

"Well I am his bodyguard."
"What?"

"Oh, I was just protecting your son while at the base."

Trisha was quiet for a moment, then looked Tom in the eyes and whispered.

"Thank you."

Tom wasn't expecting that out of Tord's mother. Tord wiped away the tears and recollected himself.

"We should head out to school then, we've got a lot of work to make up."

Trisha nodded and tried to kiss Tord's forehead but was stopped by Tom subconsciously pulling him closer.

Tom and Tord were currently walking to school, hand in hand. And as much as Tom wanted to get back to a normal life he hated the idea of being separated from Tord for the day. They had no classes together, so they couldn't see each other till lunch.

"Can I walk you to all your classes?"

"But yours are on the opposite side of the school."

"That doesn't matter."

"Okay?"

Tom used Tord's hand to pull Tord closer. Their shoulders brushed each other's as they walked. They entered the school together and found their friends. Edd and Matt seemed surprised to see them.