Chapter 91

Tord hated the way his father looked at Tom. There was that glimmer of pride and fascination that he saw in his father's eyes when he was younger. Tord was almost jealous. But overall he was scared, for his own well being and for his hopes of ever escaping this hell hole. Tom was the only thing that made it bearable. Tord's phone rang. He picked it up to see his mother's ID.

"Hi mama."

"Sweetie are you okay I heard news that you got beaten badly by red leader and you're all alone and I can't defend you and I'm freaking out!"

"Mama it's fine I had someone to take care of me and make sure I don't over work myself."

Trisha was silent for a moment.

"How do you know they can be trusted."

"Let's just say I know them on a personal level."

Trisha was silent again.

"Please tell me Tom didn't sneak into the base to see you, causing havoc back home."

"I can't deny it."

Trisha sighed loudly.

"Anything interesting happen?"

"Well father wanted me to go on this date with this girl, something about "continuing the bloodline" and heirs and all that garbage."

"That sounds awful."

"It is. Anyways could you collect the schoolwork I'm missing? And I gotta go I'm drowning in paperwork."

"Good bye love, stay safe."

"Goodbye mama, love you."

Tord turned off his phone to look back up at a still pacing Tom.

"Hey Tom, you wanna get breakfast?"

Tom looked up at him jolted from his thoughts.

"Sure babe."

"Great, let's go I'm starving."

Tord took his boyfriend's hand and smiled at him.

"That bruise seems to be healing up well."

Tom nodded and listened to Tord chatter about how the base worked.

"They actually have an observatory somewhere here. I'm set on finding it with you. Maybe tonight?"

Tom tilted his head as if weighing his options.

"Yeah, that sounds good, maybe we'll actually have some privacy."

Tord laughed.

"Privacy, who's he, I've never met him."

The boys laughed until they entered the cafeteria and Tord slipped his hand out of Tom's.

After getting a meal they sat down at a table. People seemed to all turn their eyes towards Tord. By now he was used to it. Tom however looked extremely unsettled by the eyes on him.