Chapter 55

Tord couldn’t remember the last time his mother swore at him like that, or swore at him in general, regardless as much as Tord wanted to stay in his boyfriend's embrace, he knew his mother would on his ass for every minute he wasn’t home explaining. Boyfriend, Tord loved that word, it told him that Tom was his and no one else’s and vice versa. He was half expecting to wake up in the army base with his father barking at him, but yet here he was. No shitty tyrant of a father, a happy relationship and a caring mother. Tord couldn’t be happier so when he knocked on his front door he was beaming.
His mother opened the door and glared at him. His smile faltered as he remembered how pissed she was at him.
“What did I tell you?”
“Not to go with Tom.”
“And what did you do?”
“I went with Tom against your orders.”
“And do you remember what I told you before you closed the door on me?”
“That you’d ground me.”
“Great to see your memory works, we’ll discuss this further later today. For now, go to your room. I’m not letting you out of the house all willy nilly anymore. You’ll come straight home from school and you won’t invite anyone over. And I don’t want you talking to Tom.”
“But mama!”
“No buts young man!”
Tord huffed and walked to his room, plopping down in the bed. He just wanted to be in Tom’s arms. Tord laid his head on his pillow and sighed. He felt a buzz in his pocket and smiled. His mother hadn’t taken his phone, which meant he could still talk to his friends and Tom.
Checking the buzz’s origin he saw it was a text from Tom.
Tom: did you get home safe?
Tord rolled his eyes, it was only a few blocks, maybe half a mile at most, Tom didn’t need to worry that much.
Tord: yea I’m fine.
Tord: my mom grounded me tho She won’t let me hang out anymore. Told me to restrict talking to you especially.
Tom: that’s horrible
Tord: I know! How am I supposed to stay away from you for god knows how long?
Tord rolled onto his stomach, he had nothing to do for that day. Tord glanced out his window, the sky a brilliant blue and the wind carrying a few leaves by. It would probably start to snow in a few weeks, getting colder each day. But for now it was just chilly and beautiful. Tord would’ve loved to go outside instead of staying cooped up in his room. Tord got off his bed and picked up a spare pencil, then rummaged around for a sketchbook.
Finding one Tord opened the book and started to sketch the tree line he saw out his window, a boy in blue sitting perfectly in the center…
Wait. Tord got up and opened his window to see Tom holding on shakily to the windowsill.
“What the hell are doing!”
He whispered harshly.
“I came to see you.”
Tord pulled the boy into his room and went to lock the door. He definitely didn’t want his mother coming in to see this.
“Why were you hanging off the side of my house, you could’ve fallen and hurt yourself.”
Tord caressed Tom’s cold cheek.
“It’s really nothing new to me.”
Tom didn’t whisper that. Tord covered Tom’s mouth with his hands.
“Are you TRYING to get caught?
Look, we gotta whisper or mum will have a fit.”
Tom nodded but didn’t back away from Tord’s hand on his mouth.
Tord removed his hand and sat on his bed. Tom following his actions to sit across from him.