Chapter 17

Trisha sat at the table, merely waiting for the awkward teens to stumble to her for food.

She didn't expect to see them so red. She smiled and got up.

"How did you two sleep, dears?"

Tom yawned loudly before responding, "Good, Ms. Larrison."

"Please, call me Trisha. Or mum. Either is fine."

"I'm good with Ms. Larrison," Tom responded quietly. Trisha smiled warmly.

"What would you want for breakfast?"

Tom went quiet. Tord spoke up, "How about eggs?"

"Lovely idea, Darling. Could you get the eggs out of the fridge?"

"Yes, mama."

Tord stood from the table and walked to the fridge, pulled open the door and took out a carton of eggs.

The two horned Norwegians worked perfectly in sync with Tord cracking an egg into a bowl, Trisha whisking it, and Tord pouring the mixture in the pan.

Tom watched with awe. He wondered if that was what he and his Mom would be like if she was still around. If she was still alive. A large pile of eggs was put on a plate in front of him. He then focused on the food.

The car ride was nice. Tord sat in the backseat with Tom in shotgun. They arrived at the school and Trisha sent them off with a blown kiss each. Tom liked Tord's mom much better than Mr. Seas, that's for certain.

The two boys traversed to the morning hang out spot where Tom was hounded by Edd screeching,

"OMG!!!!!!"

Tom went pale. He muttered something under his breath Tord couldn't hear it.

"Oh my GOD!!! Tord! You dirty boy!" Edd said proudly as he wrapped an arm around each of the boys necks'.

"What...?" Tord's eyes screamed with utter confusion.

Edd chuckled and smiled as if he knew a dark dirty secret.

"What's going on?"

"You know what's going on Tord."

"I really don't Edd."

"Pushing it out of your brain, huh? Is he really that bad?"

"Edd, whatever in the hell you think happened didn't okay? DROP IT, please...." Tom yelled quickly blushing a blinding fuchsia. Tord wormed his way out of Edd's grip.

"Well, you two clearly have some things to sort out.... So, I'm gonna go over there."

Tord dashed away before Edd could pull him back. He didn't know what they were on about, and he kind of didn't want to. Tord thought back to his slumber. Unbeknownst to Tom, Tord had woken up in the middle of the night entangled with Tom. God how he loved and hated the feeling. How right it felt to be so close, so connected, to the sleeping boy dressed in his clothing. Yet the fear of what Tom would think of it made Tord keep quiet about the midnight waking.

Edd and Tom continued yelling at each other while Tord drowned in his thoughts.

Tord decided to text someone who would eat up the details, yet not tell a soul

Tord: Hey Mina, remember when we were talking about if I liked anyone a few weeks back?