Chapter 42

Tom was definitely not over-thinking about the concert. It wasn't like he didn't know what to wear, or what to do, or where it was. Should he get flowers for Tord? Or was that too much? Did Tord even want him to come or was it a dare? The last thought didn't make sense. Tord wouldn't do that. He wasn't that cruel. Tom took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He tried to still his mind. Tord wanted him to come. That's why he asked. So then he had to figure out what to wear. Tord wouldn't mind answering that question.

Tom: Hey, what is the clothing requirements? And where is it?

Tord: At the school, and just normal clothes. Only choir kids need to dress nice

Tom: Ah, thanks

Tord: Thanks again for agreeing to come

Tom: Of course

Tom laid on his bed staring at the ceiling. Honestly Tom wanted to get Tord flowers, but he didn't know if it was acceptable. So he was going to have to ask someone. He decided to call upon the 'Mighty Empress' that he had met before. Though he had to do it at lunch the next day. So Tom just went to bed. 

The next morning Tom was on a mission. He was tracking down Mina like crazy. In fact he didn't even visit the boys in the morning. At lunch he immediately walked to the girls choir table. That was most definitely an action he never thought he'd do. He then walked up behind Mina and tapped her shoulder.

"Yo, Mighty Empress. I need your help."

"If it isn't the apathetic edge lord."

"Look, can we just talk in private?"

Mina nodded and gave a slight wave to say a brief goodbye to her tablemates. They went to a secluded area.

"What is the tea?"

"So I'm going to your guys choir concert."

"Lame."

He gave her a glare before continuing. 

"Should I get Tord flowers."

"Yes! OMG my otp."

"Uh, okay. Thanks?"

The next day after school Tom took the extra money he had saved in his room and took it to the flower shop near his house. It was run by this old woman, who the teens in his area called a hag. But he had never met her. So he wasn't gonna judge. He walked down to the most oddly placed store in his part of town and was greeted by a woman in overalls and a rainbow t-shirt. 

"Oh, hello honey."

"Hello Ma'am."

"So what are you here for?"

"I've come to get flowers."

"Well that'd be natural, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah."

They stood in silence for a moment.

"So what do you want?"

"No idea."

"Do you know the language of flowers?"

"I wasn't aware flowers talked?"

"Oh dearie no. It's just that certain flowers mean certain things."

"Like what?"

The woman then bust into a speech, pointing out each flower in the store and describing what it meant.

"So in conclusion you should get these, they mean love." She pointed to some Azalea flowers in the corner. 

"I never said it was for love."

"You are in love."

Tom didn't want to argue, she was right. He knew it, and this was a random woman, she wouldn't be able to embarrass him or tell Tord. 

"How'd you know?"

"I used to have that look. So who's the lucky girl?"

"Guy actually."

"Welcome to the team."

The rainbow t-shirt suddenly made sense.

"What's your name, ma'am?"

"Mrs. Laila."

"Well Mrs. Laila. Thank you for your help."

Tom went to pay her, but she simply shook her head.

"Come back next week and it will be payment enough."

Tom simply nodded and walked out with the flowers. And headed over to Tord's concert.