Chapter 2

The soft hum of Susan rang through the room, strongly overbearing the soft pings that rang from his phone. Normally he wouldn't be playing this early, his STEP dad would never allow it. But the bastard left the house early that morning, so Tom had no concerns. Eventually; however, the incessant sound of his phone going off ruined his rhythm. He had no option but to see what was causing the chaotic and obnoxious noise. When he opened his phone he saw a flurry of rapidly appearing text.

Edd: Hey! Anyone on campus yet? My parents dropped me off super early. I wanna see if we have any classes together!

Tord: I'm on campus, just got here, where are you?

Edd: The back entrance of the caf there's this awesome spot for hanging out.

He decided to reply.

Tom: Why do you guys have to barrage me with texts, I just got up.

The response was almost immediate.

Tord: Do you really sleep that long?

Tom: what the hell does that mean !?

Tord: you said you went to sleep at like 6 and it's 8 rn, that's like 11 hours, I thought you said last week that you sleep like 5 hours on average every night.

Edd: Guys! Stop fighting in the chat and get over here!

Tom decided it was a good time to head out, so he softly set down his beloved guitar and began his journey to the school, which was in walking distance.

Within moments he had arrived and joined the group. He almost missed the peacefulness of the walk, but soon discovered he enjoyed being around this group just as much. He arrived just in time to see Matt tackle the other two in a joyful hug, which he simply reacted to with a "Ha, lame."

Edd and Tord were saying something about sharing schedules, though Tom was checked out at the moment. His mind was flowing like music, fluttering in the air and spreading through space. But it was soon pulled back when Tord said something about being in the chorus. He sure as hell couldn't let that slide by.

"Pfft, you're in chorus?! What are you, gay?"

"You would know all about that, Jehovah's witness."

Tom was immediately silent, because whether Tord knew it or not he had just verbalized Tom's biggest secret. The rest of the group traded stories, and Tom tried to care, he really did. But his mind seemed to wander back to the gay remark. There was no way Tord knew, he was just being sassy or maybe-

A piercing bell--one that sounded like a thousand screaming children--rang through the halls, and Tom was glad to leave. He stumbled along to his first class: math. And boy was it hell.

After an exhausting, tordturous day Tom hoped to come home to his house empty of any pests. Namely a watermelon man. He wasn't a fan of his mom's new husband, and he decided to express it whenever the arse was around. A good example: now.

"Hey Tom, welcome back. Take the trash out."

"Do it yourself, old man."

A slam was heard from the kitchen, most likely a drawer. And out walked the watermelon in all his only-boxer-wearing-stubbled-chin-glory. Tom wasn't a fan of that look, but Mr. Seas wouldn't care about any of Tom's opinions.

"What did you say to me?"

"I said do it yourself. Are you deaf too?"

"That's it mister, either take the trash out(OR FUCKING PERISH*boss battle music plays*) or no food for the next week!"

Tom was aware that this man wasn't lying. And without food he'd get weak, making him more likely to get owned by the man before him. So with a groan, he slowly headed to the garage to take out the trash--which he oh so much wished Mr. Seas was in.