Chapter 16

Tom was almost against the idea of sharing a bed with Tord. But, somewhere deep within him Tom definitely liked the idea of being that close to the Commie. Probably just because they were close friends. It was completely just because he trusted Tord. Nothing else.

Tord looked at Tom for a moment. And then softly mumbled "sure." Tom gave a simple shrug.

"Lame."

"Then it's settled. You boys should go get ready for the night. It's clearly been a long day."

Tom nodded and navigated to where the restroom would be. He then changed into the clothes Tord had given him. It was a loose black tank top and grey joggers. And every inch smelled like Tord. It was slightly fire-y, like the smoke that arises from a campfire. But it also had an undertone of sweet chocolate cherries. He honestly couldn't stop breathing it in. It made him feel so safe and relaxed. But that's totally just because it reminded him of his good friend, Tord. Eventually he exited the bathroom and made his way to Tord's room, where he found the Commie on his bed, staring at the wall.

"You okay, man?"

"Yeah, of course."

"You ready to crash for the night?"

"Yup."

They awkwardly laid down next to each other, both scooting towards opposite sides of the bed. Silence filled the room. And the duo was scared to end it. Where would a conversation go?

Eventually they fell asleep, the hours of the night passing peacefully. Well they were sleeping peacefully, until the obnoxious beeping of the alarm clock on Tord's night stand woke up Tom. Tom felt arms around his waist and soft breathing on his face. He then realized his arms were holding the figure close, and their legs were tangled together. Not yet realizing where he was, or what the frick-frack-paddy-wack was happening, he jumped off the bed. Only drastically failing, harshly landing on the floor with a groan.

Tord woke up, his hair messy and chaotic, his eyes wide, and a small amount of drool fell down from the corner of his mouth. And Tom thought he had never seen something this cute in all his life.

A groggy voice erupted: "Sounded like that hurt."

"Yeah, it did."

They both stumbled around the room, Tord tossing fresh articles of clothing Tom's way. Soon they were both dressed and headed downstairs.