Chapter 109

Tord was scrambling around the house, cleaning frantically.

"If you have guests you should present you're living quarters in the best light."

His mother chided from the stove.

"Thank you Mrs. Life-lessons."

"You know you love me."

"I do."

Tord adjusted the cutlery on the table and stood back.

"I'd say that's good."

Trisha looked over from the stove once more.

"The couch is still a mess, love."

So Tord tended to that. Trisha finally turned off the stove and took off her apron. She stood in the living room and dusted off her everyday best. Tord stood beside and held his wrist. There was a gentle knock on the front door and Trisha stepped forward to open it.

"Hi Thomas, and hello Mrs. Gudlov."

Mrs. Laila's eyes met with Trisha's and they had a glare off for a bit. Tom stepped to the side of his grandmother and entered the house. He took off his shoes and went to hug Tord. Tord openly welcome this embraced and they hummed in joy of being so close again. Tom spinning them around for a moment before setting Tord back on his feet. They didn't break from each other's embrace until Trisha called them to the table. They sat side by side leaving the glaring mother figures next to each other. Trisha rose from the table and made her way to the kitchen.

"Darling could you help me come serve?"

"Yes mama."

Trisha ladled out four bowls of broccoli cheese soup and Tord Picked up one in each hand and set it on each of their guests plates. He sat down as Trisha brought two more bowls. Tom first smelled the soup. And Mrs. Laila looked at it from multiple angles. Tord didn't really pay too much attention after that because his mother started to eat, signaling the rest could as well. Tord spooned his way through half the bowl and decided that was a good amount. Mrs. Laila looked up angrily at him.

"Eat the rest of the bowl sonny."

"Don't tell him what to do."

"I guess you're the reason why he's so thin."

Trisha gasped angrily and stood from the table.

"Let's go have a nice chat about this outside."

Mrs. Laila stood as well. And they headed out the door. Tord sunk in his seat. Tom noticed his change in mood and leaned his head on Tord's shoulder.

"It's not your fault babe."

"Yes it is, I should have just eaten all of the bowl."

Tom sighed.

"I won't deny it, you do have a problem when it comes to eating, but still it's not your fault. So just finish off your bowl and we can get some more to eat."

Tord brushed aside the callout about his eating, letting it be saved for another time.

"We can't, house rule is the head eats then you can. And that's my mother. So we have to wait."

Tom furrowed his eyebrows. He was clearly hungry and didn't want to wait for forever for the women to settle their differences.

"Then I'll get them inside."

Within a blink of an eye Tord was alone at the table.