|t h i r t y|

A Journey To Remember
Kili
|t h i r t y|

» » » » »
{S A F F R O N}

"Hello!" Bofur exclaimed just as we entered the broken gate of Erebor. "Bombur?" Bofur shouted as we entered deeper into the mountain. "Bifur?" He shouted again as we followed down a path of stairs throughout the halls. "Anybody!" Bodies exclaimed as I looked around the halls frantically, holding my side and ignoring the slight pain.

"Do you think they survived?" I questioned, hoping and praying my Uncle above all else was safe. I mentally pleased for Bilbo to he safe and sound-

"Wait!" I heard his voice cry out, making me stop instantly in our tracks, hesitating to continue down the stairs. "Wait!" He shouted against, causing me to freeze in my tracks.

"It's Bilbo," Bofur smiled just as my Uncle turned around the corner. "He's alive!" Bofur exclaimed as my Uncle rushed his way over quickly with fear written upon his face.

"Stop!" He shouted. "Stop! Stop!" He stopped almost instantly looking to us. "You need to leave," he stated catching us off guard. "We all need to leave."

"We only just got here," Bofur stated as I took a step closer to my uncle, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"I tried talking to him," Bilbo exhaled a deep breath. "But he won't listen," my uncle finished as I wondered who on Middle-Earth he could possibly be talking about.

"Wh- what do you mean, laddie-"

"Thorin!" My uncle cut off Oin as we all jumped back slightly. "Thorin," he breathed out as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Thorin, he's been down there for days. He doesn't sleep, he barely eats," he stated as my heart sunk to my chest, knowing exactly what was happening. "He's not been himself, not at all. It's thi- it's this place," Bilbo pointed to the roof of the kingdom. "I think a sickness lies upon it."

"A sickness?" Kili questioned glancing between Bilbo and I. "What kind of sickness?" Kili wondered before my gaze fell on Fili. He was staring something down in fright, my gaze falling to where he began to look in wonder. I noticed something shining, some form of movement down below, slowing pushing past my Uncle.

"Saffron?" Bilbo questioned before Fili and I began to rush down to whatever we saw. "Fili!" my Uncle yelled from behind us as we ignored him bluntly, continuing on our paths before we stopped. We all starred down at the magnificent gold that laid before us, watching as is shined against the stone of the mountain.

"Gold," I heard a voice come from behind a pillar, watching Thorin step out with a long drape and fine clothes. "Gold beyond measure," he grumbled to himself as we watched his every movement. "Beyond sorrow and grieve," He finished as I watched him swat against the gold, caressing it like a newborn child. He then turned to his head to us instantly, noticing we had been standing up above. My brows furrowed in confusion and discernment. "Behold," he paused. "The great treasure hoard of Thrór." Thorin finished as we gazed upon the magnificence for a split moment. He turned his body, ready to throw some sort of object as a red gem flew from his grasp and into Fili's hands.
"Welcome, my sisters sons," Thorin smiled devilishly as I glanced to Fili and Kili. "To the Kingdom," he paused. "Of Erebor." He finished, his voice echoing through the Kingdom as my stomach turned uneasily. I had suddenly felt an overpowering and overwhelming sensation wash over, turning away from Thorin. He wasn't himself. That wasn't Thorin.

•••

"Balin!" I shouted in excitement as we entered into the room of sorrowful Dwarves. They all turned to face us before exclaiming loudly in cheer, patting our backs with hugs to share all around. We all laughed from the overwhelming joy that had fulfilled the room, sharing hugs with each and every Dwarf in the room.

"You're alive!" A few had exclaimed in excitement before my gaze fell onto Dwalin. We hadn't exactly had our best moments together, but it was great to see his face again.

"Ah," Dwalin exhaled, pausing slightly. "Saffron," he smiled, crossing his arms over his chest looking towards me. "Glad you're okay, lassie!" He exclaimed as a smile lifted from my face, joy filling every inch of my body.

"It's good to be back," I exhaled getting a few more gentle pats on the shoulder before I placed my hand over my wound once again, placing pressure just in case.

"Are you alright, lass?" Balling questioned looking down to my wound as a smile was shown brightly from my lips.

"The knife didn't go too deep," I paused looking down. "The wound just reopened over some matter back in Lake-Town." I finished as he nodded his head with a smile. I was in fact sore all around, but I knew I could manage just fine in a few days.

"Everyone!" We all heard Thorin shout from the halls as we all whipped our heads towards the dwarf king who stood before us. "Start looking for the Arkenstone," he stated as we all glanced to each other for a moment. "Now!" He raised his voice, startling us slightly as we all started to walk past him.

Before I could continue on any further, Thorin gripped my forehead, bending down to my ear slightly. "Not you," he stated as I caught a glance from Kili in confusion. "You will watch the front gate," he looked down to my eyes firmly. "Go now and retire to your orders." He finished walking past me as I watched the king walk away with the company. I furrowed my brows in confusion, wondering why he ordered me to do such a job.

I sighed in frustration, turning on the balls of my feet, and heading to the front gate as I fiddled with my fingers.