|t h i r t y s e v e n|

A Journey To Remember
Kili
|t h i r t y s e v e n|

» » » » »
{S A F F R O N}

"What payment?" Thorin questioned rudely, almost as if he was oblivious to the fact he swore an oath. "I gave you nothing. You have nothing," Thorin stated with every bit of bitterness he had stored in his heart. Bard then began to shuffle into his coat before pulling out none other than the Arkenstone, itself. My breath instantly caught, my hands began to shake, my heart began pumping faster and faster as I tried my best to stay calm.

"We have this,"Bard stated as my lips parted slightly as I took a quick glance towards Bilbo unnoticed. I watched the faces of the elves, the Elven King, Bard, and even Gandalf himself seeing uttermost confusion.

"They have the Arkenstone," Kili breathed out. "Thieves! How came you by the heirloom of our house?" He exclaimed in confusion. "That stone belongs to the king," Kili yelled in genuine frustration, but the look planted upon Thorin's face was nothing more than pure hatred and anger towards the men below.

"The King may have it, with our good will," Bard announced with a reasonable price. I only prayed Thorin was in his own right mind to agree on these terms. I watched as Bard placed the Arkenstone back into the crook of his coat. "But first he must honor his word." I looked to Thorin for any acknowledgement of reconciliation.

"They're taking us for fools," Thorin breathed out. "This is a ruse, and a filthy lie," he spat in anger through gritted teeth as I closed my eyes with my brows furrowed. "The Arkenstone is in this Mountain, it is a trick!" Thorin yelled, exchanging glances between the dwarves and I. "This is nothing more than trickery against a foe!" I exhaled a deep breath of hopelessness, only somehow praying Thorin would just see the truth. I then felt a heavy stare being burned directly through my figure. My head slowly lifted, my eyes slowly trailing up to see the scowling face of Thorin. "You," he breathed out in anger. "I saw you by the wall last night!" He shouted taking quick steps towards me before gripping the material against my chest. "You gave it to them!" He pressed me firmly against the wall that had been just a few feet behind me, a grunt escaping my lungs.

"Thorin, stop! I gave it to them," Bilbo hastily stated as the anger withheld from Thorin's eyes as his grip loosened against the material I was wearing. Thorin then let go, turning on the balls of his feet before meeting direct eye contact with non other than his dearest friend, Bilbo.

"You?" Thorin questioned in uttermost genuine pain and hurt from my uncles actions.

"I took it as my fourteenth share," Bilbo breathed out, swallowing nervously, mentally knowing how treacherous Thorin's mind now was. My hands balled into fists at my sides as I stood there, waiting for Thorin to strike at any moment, anger boiling inside me.

"You would steal from me?"

"Steal from you?" My uncle questioned in disbelief. "No, no. I may be a burglar, but I like to think I'm an honest one," He stated tilting his head to the side with a simple shrug of his shoulders. "I'm willing to let it stand against my claim."

"Against your claim?" Thorin questioned with mockery in the tone of his voice, a simple chuckle of disbelief escaping his chest. "Your claim," he breathed out dangerously low. "You have no claim over me, you miserable rat!" He shouted in anger taking a few steps closer to my uncle as I shuffled closer only to be gently held back by my wrist. My gaze never left my Uncle nor Thorin.

"I was going to give it to you," Bilbo began softly as Thorin stopped in his tracks. "Many times I wanted to, but-"

"But what, thief?" Thorin snapped.