|t w e n t y t w o|

A Journey To Remember
Kili
|t w e n t y t w o|

» » » » »
{S A F F R O N}

The trumpets were sounded, loud in the air whilst Fili, Oin, Kili and I stayed behind, the Master stepping onto a platform as the crowd cheered.

"Go now with our good will. And may you return fortune to all!" The Master shouted as everyones hearts were lifted, the cheering event louder as the dwarves and my Uncle set off on the barge down the lake. I then noticed a rushing Bofur, running with his hands flailing till he stopped to the end of the dock.

"No!" Bofur cried, looking amongst the people before his eyes met mine, a smile now lifting upon his cheeks. "Did you miss the boat as well?" He questioned as snicker escaped from my lips before I noticed Kili slowly falling forward.

"Kili?" I questioned gripped his waist before noticing how pale he really was as his eyes began to close.

"Kili!" Fili yelled helping Kili from falling over, my stomach turning as I looked down to his wound, he was still loosing so much blood. I looked up to Fili, interlocking gazes in fear, my heart falling to the pit of my chest. I knew he could easily die without the wrong treatment, and that alone, scared the living hell out of me.

"Fili," I stated as we began picking him up, Kili's arms around each of our shoulders and our arms around his waist for support. "He needs medical attention now, I know how to deal with things like this, but it could be something far worse than I thought." I began pulling Fili and Kili towards Bard's house, which wasn't as far away as it seemed. We struggled climbing up the stairs slightly, Kili groaning and moaning from the pain. I knocked on the door to be greeted by Bard.

"No. I'm done with dwarves, go away," Bard hissed trying to close the door but I stopped him instantly, meeting the eyes of the man who stood before me in all grace.

"Please, Bard," I breathed out as Kili lifted his head looking to Bard. "He's very sick, and if we don't do something we could loose him." I pleaded out, watching as Bard hesitated for a moment. "Please," I breathed out before he pulled open the door, allowing us to enter into his home before Bard stood by one of the empty beds.

"You can lay him on this bed," Bard stated as Fili and I laid him down gently against the surface of the bed, watching as Kili began turning and moaning from the pain, wincing before I looked up to Sigrid.

"I'm going to need some hot water, a clean rag, and a sharp knife," I paused, looking to Sigrid, trying to hold in the tears from what I knew I would have to do, and I was going to have to have a lot of willpower to do so. I turned my gaze back to Kili, pulling a chair next to his side as I sat down, grabbing Kili's hand and holding it tight.

"It's alright Kili," I breathed out as he moaned and winced from the pain, looking up to me with bloodshot eyes before gripping my hand tightly. "You're going to be alright," I stated before Sigrid, Bofur, and Oin came rushing over with the ingredients I needed. I folded to rag tightly and secure before looking to Kiki. "Kili," I paused. "Put this in your mouth, you're going to have to trust me," I paused as he nodded his head firmly.

I placed the tag in his mouth, to stop him from biting down on his tongue and to help from the screaming. I unwrapped Kili's cloth around his wound, ripping the pants so I could have more contact against the injury. I looked down, grabbing the hot water and dipping the spare clean rag on the nightstand into the water. I cleaned up most of the blood that had been coming from his wound, Kili wincing from the pain. "Fili," I breathed out looking up to Fili which was on Kili's right side of the bed. "Hold his hand."

I gripped the knife tightly before pressing down from where the end of the arrow had snapped from the barrel. I pulled up, Kili tensing his body, screaming through the rag in agonizing pain, my heart falling to my chest, cutting more of his skin for the arrowhead to be released, Kili screaming and shaking from the pain as more blood began spewing out. "Oin," I breathed out. "Find some form of pliers or something small that can grab the end of the broken arrowhead. I looked to Kili, seeing the pain coming from the bottom of his heart.

I looked back down to the wound as my heart sank, it was infected with poison. I knew almost instantly that the arrow from whatever Orc, poisoned it intentionally to Kill Kili. He only has a few hours to live. Oin came rushing over handing me the small pliers he had been given. I inhaled a deep breath before carefully gripping the wooden off the arrow before pulling it out as fast as I could as Kili yelled from the agonizing pain, my breathing heavy as sweat dripped from Kili's head.

He began twisting, turning, yelling as he gripped the rag from his mouth. "The poison is reaching close to his heart. If we don't find a cure now, we could loose him for good."

"Can you not do something?" Bofur questioned, before I quickly turned to Oin. He looked to me in concern before I spoke up.

"I need herbs, something to bring down his fever, anything to stop the poison and slow it down." I stated towards Bard as Oin placed a hand against his head looking towards Kili, him screaming from the pain.

"We have nightshade, feverfew," Bard paused as I shook my head knowing those would only barely pass time.

"They're no use to me," I paused before instantly thinking of an ancient weed the elves used to use with an enchantment. "Do you have any Kingsfoil?" I questioned as Bard furrowed his eyebrows.

"Kingsfoil, no," he paused. "It's a weed. We feed it to the pigs." Bard stated before I looked to Bofur quickly, him already knowing what I needed him to do.

"Pigs? Weed? Right," Bofur stated looking to Kili. "Don't move," Bofur ordered Kili as I shook my head in disbelief at the man's unknown humor. I grasped Kili's hand, gripping it firmly before placing my hand against Kili's forehead, caressing his soft face.

"You're going to be alright, Kili. You're going to alright," I breathed out before pulling my chair closer to Kili, waiting for Bofur to hurry on back.