| 2 . 1 |

A Journey To Remember
| 2 . 1 |

» » » » »

{S A F F R O N}

I could hear the faint whisper of my breath dancing through the numbing atmosphere. I felt the lightweight flakes from the elegant snowfall land on the arctic skin of my face. My hands grazed against the surface beneath my still figure, my fingertips coming in contact with chilling ice. I then began to shiver, my lips quivering as I tried to slowly open my eyes. It felt as if my eyelashes fluttered through the gentle snowfall, now seeing the gray overcast of the heavens.

I pushed myself off of the bitter frozen surface, now noticing the mountains that encircled me. I recognized my surroundings almost instantly, though something was very off. I had no wounds on my body, nor aches or pains. I looked down at my torso, seeing no sign of blood.

    "Hello, there!"

     I whipped my head in the direction of the voice, my brows furrowed, the tips of my hand barely making contact with my sword that was strapped to my side.

     "Are you lost, miss?"

     I squinted my eyes, peering through the heavy fog. I saw an elderly man sitting in his wagon seat, his blue roan horse pulling the cart that was full of food, fabric, cooking utensils, and other household items.

     "Are you alright?"

     Suddenly, it felt as if I was hit with a heavy force. I remembered everything that had happened. I remembered being surrounded by a white atmosphere. There was a faint gust of wind before it felt as if time itself had stood still. I remembered seeing a man in white taking my hand as his low voice boomed with power, yet it was full with comforting love.

     "You're fate has not yet been fulfilled, my dear one."

     "What am I to do?" I questioned with humility.

     "It shall come to pass."

      The man then led me to a brighter light before everything in my body had been weighted down, feeling as if the ground beneath me had flipped into another world.

     "Miss, can you hear me?" The elderly man raised his voice, snapping me out of my train of thought.

     "Forgive me," I breathed out, regaining my understanding. "I do not feel well."

     "Forgiveness is not needed." He smiled. "My wife has some hot stew ready at home. She enjoys company of strangers," he added, his brows raised in amusement. "Come on!" He motioned for me to climb into the back of the small wagon. "Town is less than two miles from here."

     I just simply smiled, pulling myself into the man's wagon. He grinned widely before whistling an old tune. I studied his features, noticing his unique clothing. He didn't look like an elf, or a dwarf, or a wizard of any sort. The man didn't even look like a hobbit. He looked like a simple man from the hills. In this situation, I realized I didn't know this man, yet I felt safe. I felt assurance. That is all that mattered to me in this moment.