|t h i r t y o n e|

A Journey To Remember
Kili
|t h i r t y o n e|

» » » » »
{S A F F R O N}

This has been my station for a good solid few days since we had arrived. I fiddled with the small pebbles that laid against the ground, sitting on the floor with my back against the pillar, humming and whistling tunes from the old days in Hobbiton. I threw some rocks down past the entry way before I looked up to the sky, seeing the clouds slowly flow past the sun that was not so well seen.

I slowly stood to my feet, prancing back and forth gracefully, watching the old ruins of Dale from afar. I heard some shuffling of feet coming towards me from behind as I turned my head to face Thorin.

"Everything clear?" He questioned loudly as I nodded my head. He looked out into the vast lands that laid before us, turning and gazing at my surroundings.

"Everything seems to be in order," I stated nodding my head, placing my hands to my sides before his gaze fell to me. He took a few steps towards me, looking down, his body hovering over mine as our gazes met. "I hope I am doing my task well at hand," I mumbled looking away from his gaze as he stepped a few more feet closer to mine, making my nerves spiral out of control uncomfortably.

"I may assign you to a more fit occupation," Thorin spoke, his hot breath brushing against the tip of my nose, his body closer than it had been before. "If you are willing to acquire my offer," he mumbled closely to my ear as I turned my face from his, feeling more uncomfortable than before. I felt his hand brush against my forearm, causing chills to run down my spine.

"And what might that be?" I questioned bluntly, shifting away slightly from Thorin only to make him step even closer this time.

"I think you know what I speak of," he stated, tilting his head to the side slightly, raising an eyebrow. I knew of which he granted, making my stomach turn uncomfortably once again. I felt his hand trace up my arm slowly and calmly, making me close my eyes slightly in fear. His hand reach to the back of my neck before I pushed myself away from him.

"Please, Thorin," I paused stepping back away from the King that stood before me. "Please," I exhaled. "Don't touch me." He stepped closer, more firmly now before he pushed me against the stone wall harshly as fear began to rise up in me. He looked to me in such a disgusting and harmful way, knowing I had never seen him act in such a way. "Thorin!"I cried out trying to push his body away from mine, stopping his hands from touching areas that shouldn't be touched.

He pushed against my forceful moves, trying to bend down and place kisses into the crook of my neck. "Stop!" I shouted trying to push him off of me, his grip securely tightened around the collar of my top. I tried pushing away as hard as I could, causing my top to rip, my shoulder now bare in the midst. I stepped back quickly away from Thorin placing my hands out in front of me. "Stop," I demanded. "This isn't you, Thorin. I know you," I groaned in frustration stepping away farther from him. "It's this place," I breathed out as he stood firm in his stance. "Don't you see what this treasure hoard has done to you?" I questioned as he took a step closer to me causing me to take a step back from him.
"This isn't the Thorin Oakenshield I know. He would never do such a thing in his right mind." I stated, turning away from Thorin, scurrying away faster than I should've. My lips began to quivering slightly from the fear, holding in the terrible burning tears that wanted to be set free. Who knew what he was going to do to me.

So much has happened in such a small time, so much misery and grief upon another and another terrible thing. This place was in no doubt under a terrible curse, something that had changed Thorin almost instantly. I scurried towards the room I had been staying in before exchanging my top to a more fit and all-together top.

I exhaled a deep sigh, slowly sitting down at the edge of the bedding in the room. I looked down to my hands, taking deep breaths as I closed my eyes. I placed my head in my hands, wondering why all this was happening. So much was going on at this time, I felt stressed, worried, the images of all those dead innocents coming to mind.

I lifted my head from my hands, looking out into the halls before me, through my open door. I stood to my feet inhaling a deep breath before deciding to take a walk through the vast halls with much design and beauty. I traced the dwarf ruins on the walls, wondering what each word or phrase stood for, what it meant to the kingdom.

This mountain truly was full of beauty, full of powerful belonging, the gold only being a small percentage of the great wealth that now lies protected under the line of Durin.

"-yet it's still not found!" I heard Thorin's voice boom through the open walls, whipping my head into the direction of which it came from. I quickly rushed towards the voice of Thorin, hearing other voices in the midst.

"Do you doubt," I heard Balin pause. "The loyalty of anyone here?" Balin questioned as I turned a corner, seeing Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, and my uncle Bilbo standing there, talking amongst each other. "The Arkenstone is the birthright of our people." Balin continued.

"It is the King's jewel," Thorin stated as I crawled lowly closer to hear them more clearly. "AM I NOT THE KING!?" Thorin shouted in uttermost pure anger and void. Everyone looked to him, almost in disbelief on who he was becoming. "Know this," he paused looking to the men before him. "If anyone should find it and withhold it from me," he hissed slightly, turning to step away from them. "I will be avenged," Thorin grumbled, walking away from the Dwarves and my Uncle.

I looked down to my hands, confused on why he had been acting obsessive over the Arkenstone, and where on earth it could've been in this mountain. But what if, what if someone found the Arkenstone themselves... I was determined to find out on my own.