Whiskey and Interventions

I flopped over to the side once again, kicking a pillow off of the bed in the process. Incredible, now I was down one less pillow because I was sure as hell not bending down to pick it up. Why was this happening to me? Why after all of the other shit in my life did this have to occur? Why had I let myself get to the point where I was this angry at a pillow?

I rolled onto my back, staring at the ceiling blankly as if it could in any way answer any of my questions, and let out a sigh that was perhaps a little too dramatic for someone of my position. That being said, most of my theatrics did not fit my station, I was aware of that as anybody as much as Obito did not seem to understand it. I suppose it was all an expression of how utterly tired I was of the world's shit.

"Kakashi," I didn't bother to look at Pakkun; it would only encourage him. In response the ninken padded over to stand by my face, "Kakashi, this seems worse than it normally is."

In an attempt to avoid speaking, I flipped over and shoved my face into my pillow. There was a long moment of silence where I thought that perhaps I would be able to escape further questions before the back of my collar was gripped between teeth, pulling my face out of my pillow and revealing Pakkun seated in front of me.

"Kakashi, I don't like to belittle you," he grumbled, "But whatever you are doing right now isn't going to help you. You are throwing a tantrum like a child."

"Don't I deserve at least one tantrum?" I replied morosely; I knew he was right of course, but I was in no mood to be reasoned with at the moment, dealing with my own thoughts was hard enough at the moment.

"You've been having a tantrum this whole last year," Pakkun argued, getting nose to nose with me, "I've been watching you act like a complete fool this whole time, and I'm tired of it."

"Then, why not leave the room and leave me to my business." I scoffed. Bitter, childish resentment really was my mood right now, wasn't it.

"No, I'm scared what you're going to do to yourself at this point." Pakkun sighed, leaving my pillow. The ninken that had grabbed my collar released me so that my face could unceremoniously fall back into my pillow; I wonder if I could suffocate like this.

That thought prompted me to lift my face out of my pillow, instead resting my chin on it, no point in letting myself get that dark now. I certainly wasn't going to follow in his footsteps for even more petty reasons.

Perhaps I just needed a distraction. I pushed myself up, although it felt like it needed much more effort than it realistically did, and reached for my bedside table.

"Kakashi." Pakkun's warning tone didn't dissuade me in the slightest as I pulled out the bottle of whiskey I had stashed inside, "Don't do it."

I sat up, not bothering to look at him as I upcapped the bottle and took a swig, "I just need to unwind." That was a good enough excuse to tell myself at least.

Pakkun sighed in disappointment... wow, I was pathetic enough to make my own ninken disappointed in me, but, then again, I suppose I was disappointing everyone with my role as Hokage anyways.

Maybe some more whiskey would make me feel better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where the hell was he? That was the question I had been asking myself for hours now. He wasn't in his office, and, at least with a superficial look at the apartment, he wasn't up and doing anything, which, where Kakashi was concerned, was worrying.

For him not to be working on something bothered me, because, as much as it seemed to be the opposite, he did actually take his job seriously. I scanned the living room and kitchenette again although if he was in the room I would have seen him long before now, and I resigned myself to have to check in his room.