The Belle In The Dark

"You said you'll invite a few friends?" Eunhee blinked as she stared ahead, visibly panicked. 

Hani shrugged, "I invited our friends, who might have invited their other friends," she glanced around at the crowd a bit, then bit her lip a bit confused, "Who might have invited their own other friends..."

"Choi Hani..." Eunhee growled as she turned to her friend, but Hani just nudged her, "Live a little. It's your day after all."

The entire house was swimming with people, some that Eunhee was familiar with while some who were total strangers. When Eunhee had allowed Hani to throw a party, the idea was to invite a few close friends over and celebrate her achievement. Not to turn her house into a party pit stop for college seniors.

Eunhee sighed, but before she could really do anything else, she saw Hani grab a bottle of champagne and jump onto the table, "Ladies & gentlemen! This party if for my beloved best friend Kim Eunhee, who has achieved a huge milestone in her life today! Cheers!"

The pop of the champagne bottle opening was a signal for the crowd to yell in unison and cheer. The music began playing, as everyone started moving to the sway of the music- while devouring the drinks and food. 

The sight of the champagne was confusing, as Eunhee had no idea she had champagne in the house or the other alcohol and food that was displayed on the centre table for everyone to grab. Eunhee grabbed Hani, pulling her to the side, "Where's all this food from?" she asked bucking her eyes at her friend. 

"Don't worry. It was a potluck," Hani shrugged, smiling at her. 

"And the booze?" Eunhee pointed at the bottles of wine and whiskey, but then her eyes landed on the two large kegs of beer, "And who's paying for the beer kegs!?"

Hani turned to Eunhee and kept her hands on her shoulder, before speaking to her reassuringly, "All bills are taken care of, Kim Eunhee. It's alright, so just relax and loosen up please!"

Eunhee held her breath for a moment. She glanced around the room, her eyes landing on her friends from college that would look in her direction, raise their glance and smile. The mere presence of them here made her feel warm and loved. Especially since Taehyung wasn't here to celebrate with her. 

She finally let go and breathed, "Fine," she smiled, "But you're helping me clean before Tae comes home."

"Of course!"

 ---

Seonghwa raised a brow as he glanced at the glass of water kept on the table in front of him. The water inside the glass shook, as if moving to the beat of a base. Keeping his laptop aside, he took his earphone out of one ear, only to hear the vibrations and sound of the loud base from the EDM music that was blasting next doors. 

Kim Eunhee was having a party. 

Shaking his head in disbelief, Seonghwa sighed, "How much does she party?"

"Sounds like there's a party next door," Mingi walked out of his room,  dressed in a baggy pair of plaid pyjamas. He bobbed his head to the beat of the bass and danced towards Seonghwa, who just stared at him with a small smirk on his face. 

Mingi did a little shoot dance step, then looked at Seonghwa who just raised a brow, "This girl really loves to party!"

"It's annoying," Seonghwa remarked. 

Mingi wriggled his eyebrows as a smirk came over his face, "You like her!"

Seonghwa scoffed, a look of disbelief obvious on his face, "N-No, I don't."