Disclosure

"Hey," Seonghwa's soft voice stirs Eunhee from her position on the bed, "Can we talk?"

Eunhee dropped the magazine she had been browsing through to the side, and sat up, clearing space for him to sit next to her, "Yeah, what's up?"

Seonghwa walked over to her, occupying the space beside her. The mattress dipped a bit from his weight, causing Eunhee's weight to shift forward and lean closer to him. Seonghwa bit his lip, looking at his hands in his laps. 

"Before I say anything else, I just want you to know that I care for you immensely. More than I have ever cared for anyone in my life," Seonghwa looked at her, their eyes meeting, "And I cannot imagine my life without you."

Eunhee stared at him, visibly concerned, "Hwa...you're scaring me."

Seonghwa shook his head sighing. Obviously, he wasn't starting this conversation as smoothly as he had hoped. 

'Pivot, Seonghwa,' he thought to himself before rephrasing the beginning of it. 

"Do you know a man named Jang Do Hyun?"

Eunhee blinked at him blankly, "Why am I supposed to know a man named Jang Do Hyun?"

"If not you...did Taehyung ever mention him or maybe your parents did?" 

Eunhee looked away for a moment, trying to recount any moment in her life where she could have heard this name. However, her mind turned up blank. Shaking her head, her lower lip protruded a bit in a pout, "I've never heard that name before. Why?"

"Well," Seonghwa got up, "Since you don't know him..."

Seonghwa was ready to head out, brushing invisible dust from his pants as he did, but Eunhee leapt to her feet. He caught Seonghwa's arm, pulling him back to her, "What's going on? Who's Jang Do Hyun? And why are you avoiding my eyes?"

She was right. Seonghwa had been looking away from the moment he started asking about Jang Do Hyun. And his abrupt decision to drop the conversation and walk away from her just adds more fuel to her suspicion.  

"Seonghwa," Eunhee's voice is soft, yet there's a warning behind her words. It's evident that she is in no mood to run around in circles. She was never one to do that. 

Seonghwa sighed, running his free hand through his hair.

"You might want to sit down for this."

.

.

.

"What the fuck?!"

Eunhee's voice echoed in the silent mansion, causing Hani to drop the plate she was carrying, "Shit!"

San's head whipped in Hani's direction when he heard the shattering sound of the plate, "Are you okay?"

Hani was already on the floor, collecting the broken pieces of blue ceramic, "Yeah, that just took me by surprise."

As she picked the pieces, Hani's hand came in contact with San's who was already by her side, helping her pick the pieces up. Hands still trembling, Hani stared at the broken ceramic lying on the floor. That's what her mind feels like right now. 

Shattered. 

"What's up?" San's voice comes out in a soft whisper, distracting her from her thoughts. 

Hani looked at him, letting her shoulders drop, "Nothing. I'm fine," she muttered before going back to clean the broken plate. San watched her as he helped her until the point she had discarded the pieces into the dustbin. However, before she could walk away, San caught her hand and dragged her to the old, squeaky couch.