It's Probably Haunted

"It's not that bad..." Yunho remarked, his eyes glancing hesitantly towards the rest of the people. 

Eunhee stared at the large house in front of them, eyes wide and mouth agape. Having been a city girl for most of her life, the sprawling sea-facing mansion was a rare sight for her. However, it wasn't the size of the estate that had her feeling nervous, but the dilapidated condition of the building. She quickly glanced at everyone's faces, then went back to staring at the rustic brick and stone mansion. Dry creepers and roots had completed covered the front of the mansion, and she could spot cobweb infestations from her distance. The walls seemed worn, cracked in some places, while the lower edges were covered in moss and grime. 

But what struck out most was the dark shadow the mansion seemed to cast. It was as if the entire of Jeju island was brightly lit, drenched in sunlight, while one dark gloomy cloud had nested itself over the mansion. The house's aura seemed strange and wraithlike. 

"It's probably haunted," Yeosang stated with a straight face, "And we'll probably die in there. But it works."

Yeosang grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder, then walked towards the main door of the mansion. The rest of the men shrugged, exchanging looks, then followed him inside. Eunhee inhaled, rubbing her sweaty palms against the side of her denim covered legs. 

"I know it's not the most comfortable place to stay," Seonghwa looked at her apologetically, "But it's temporary."

Eunhee looked at him and pressed her lips into a smile, "Trust me, it's not the hair-raising condition of this house that has me worried. Or the fact that Yeosang thinks it's haunted. I'm just..."

Seonghwa held her hand, giving it a light squeeze, "I promise I'll keep you safe."

"I know," she nodded lightly, then turned to face the house, "I just hope there aren't any spiders in my room."

"If there are," he remarked with a smirk, "You can just stay with me in my room."

.

.

.

"Guys," Wooyoung walked out of the room, visibly shaken, "This isn't gonna work. There are spiders, lizards and rats in that room. I-I can't--"

"For a mercenary--" Eunhee was about to make a remark about him being a scary cat, but trailed off when she noticed Wooyoung's glare, which was indicative of him being fully aware of where her remark was heading. 

"It's pretty dirty, that's true," Hongjoong stated, then lifted his legs up and kept them on the dusty coffee table, "Fortunately, we have Seonghwa."

Eunhee scrunched her nose in confusion but then heard a loud, frustrated scream from the kitchen. Seonghwa walked out with a broom in his hand and shivered in disgust, "I'm going to the store to get cleaning supplies."

"I'll come with you," Jongho hopped out of his chair, "We need to get food too."

"I'll drive," Yunho stood up as well, twirling the keys between his fingers. 

As Yunho and Jongho exited the house, Seonghwa followed them. Before leaving he looked in Eunhee's direction, but she was busy walking around the large living room, staring at the old and abandoned belongings of the house that once decorated the place. He turned his gaze to San, who gave him a curt nod. Reassured, Seonghwa walked out of the main door. 

Picking up the small bag that San had been carrying for a while, he walked over to Eunhee, who was busy staring at an old, mouldy painting. The painting looked like a family portrait from colonial times. There were two men, one older the other probably younger, dressed in neat tuxedos standing next to each other. Between them sat a lady dressed in traditional hanbok. However, neither were their features too clear, nor their expressions due to the damage and mould.