L'amour est avengle

Eunhee swayed to the music back and forth with her hands in the air. A pair of arms snaked around her waist, flipping her around. Eunhee smiled, her eyes meeting Seonghwa's who looked down at her face with a sly smirk playing on his lips. 

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she pulled him closer and inhaled deeply. The mixed scent of Seonghwa's cologne and bitter-sweet bourbon filled her senses, clouding them slightly. She hugged him, resting her head on his chest as they continued moving to the sound of music.

"Hey lovebirds," Hani waltzed towards them, taking Eunhee's hand, "We're here too!"

Taking her away from Seonghwa, Hani pulled Eunhee to her as the music changed to something brighter. The two girls danced across each other to the slightly disco-themed track, making the other men smile at their funny, coordinated steps.

Eunhee laughed as she did the boogie with Hani, as they did back in high school. When the song changed, she spotted HongJoong sitting on the sofa, enjoying his drink while everyone around him was busy grooving to the beat of the music. She squinted slightly then walked over to him, offering her hand out to him.

"You're not seriously planning to stay on that bloody couch while we dance our hearts out."

Hongjoong shook his head reluctantly, "I'm good here. Plus, the view from here is perfect."

He glanced over Eunhee's shoulder and smirked. Eunhee turned her head over her shoulder only to spot Mingi and Yunho engaged in a rather funny rendition of what seemed like twerking and pole dancing, all mixed in one.

Eunhee chuckled, shaking her head, "You think they'll ever figure it out?"

Hongjoong tilted his head as he saw Yunho and Mingi smile uncontrollably as they finished the move. The duo continued dancing with each other, with their smiles unwavering.

"I think they already know," he shrugged in response, "At least Mingi does for sure."

Eunhee caught Hongjoong's arm, pulling him to his feet, "Anywho, you're not spending the night sitting on your ass getting drunk."

"You do know that I am a mercenary with unlimited guns, right?" Hongjoong raised a brow at her.

Eunhee rolled her eyes, shoving him across the floor and towards the small crowd of mercenaries and Hani dancing.

After enjoying a small barbeque party, the group had moved on to drink more. And when Wooyoung was drunk enough, he turned the music louder and soon everyone was on the dance floor.

Eunhee bit her lip nervously, as she stared at her friends. Though the trouble had not ended, they looked relaxed, maybe even carefree for a moment. And if she could capture this moment in a timeless picture and frame it, she would. Unfortunately, she didn't have the means to do so. So, she let her mind capture a mental picture of the carefree smiles on every individual's face one by one.

She looked at Hani, who was dancing with her back against San. The Peculiar had his arms wrapped around her waist as the duo's hips swayed left and right to the music. San whispered something into Hani's ears making her cringe, then laugh, throwing her head back on his shoulder.

Eunhee smiled wistfully. Seeing Hani with San reassured her that her best friend would be safe as long as they stayed by each other's side. She was sure by now that San would kill or be killed for her. Just a spec of that thought was reassuring.

Her eyes drifted across the mercenaries one by one until they stopped at Mingi, who had taken a few steps from Yunho but was still dancing. Mingi briefly calmed down in his movements then looked at Eunhee, a puzzled look flashing across his face. Eunhee was sure that he could sense the sadness in her, but it confused him. Or maybe he knew a bit more of what was running through her head. Still, she put a smile on her face and tilted her head slightly to signal that she was alright.