Two Can Play A Game

"I cannot believe you managed to pick a fight with a group of men," Hani chastised Eunhee, "What if you were hit? They looked like thugs! How can you not be careful?"

Eunhee didn't say anything as they continued to walk back towards their house, "It was hot and I was agitated and he picked a fight, not me."

"Well, you cannot afford to pick fights with random strangers," Hani commented in a stern tone, "If Taehyung found out about this--"

"Who's telling Taehyung?" Eunhee glared at her momentarily but Hani didn't back off either. They both entered a staring contest, until Eunhee gave up, "Fine. I won't pick fights."

"Good girl."

They walked silently behind Seonghwa and Mingi, who seemed to be invested in their own private conversation. Eunhee studied Seonghwa from behind, her eyes fixated on his broad shoulders while her mind flashed back to the moment he stepped in between her and the group of men. Not only did he sound menacing, but his stance was odd. While a normal person would always hold a defensive stance, Seonghwa's was offensive, as if he was just waiting for the men to pull a wrong move. It made her wonder what exactly would he have done. Beat them up?

"You're lucky, Seonghwa stepped in," Hani commented, "Otherwise--"

"I'd have beaten those bastards to a pulp," Eunhee blew her bangs off of her forehead and Hani chuckled, "And then Taehyung would have put you under house arrest."

Eunhee didn't retort to that. Her eyes were still set on Seonghwa. He was mumbling something to Mingi, who was responding back calmly. 

It was strange.

No one had ever stepped into her quarrels for her, not even Taehyung. It was always Eunhee who had protected people around her. Yet today, this man who had barely known her for a few hours, had stepped into her business without a second thought that he might get hurt. And then turned around and flirted with her. 

The image of Seonghwa's smirking face gave her a strange stomach-turning feeling. It was as if she was ticklish. But from the inside. She was almost afraid to admit it but it made her heart flutter for a moment.

"He's so strange," Eunhee mummbled, looking away. 

"You could have almost blown our cover back there," Mingi sighed in a low voice, ensuring only Seonghwa could hear him. 

"Are you mad at me for protecting the asset from potential harm?" Seonghwa asked almost mechanically.

Mingi gave him a sideways glance, before smiling, "Loosen up, moron. It's good that you did that."

Seonghwa, who was actually waiting for some form of snarky comment from Mingi rounded his eyes and looked at him, "What?"

"This act could help us gain her trust," Mingi shrugged, "The faster she trusts us, the quicker we get information from her."

Seonghwa nodded. The way Mingi talked sometimes made him question who was the elder one. He glanced back at the girls behind them. Both of them were busy typing away at their phones. He turned back to face the road and then thought back to the entire argument between Eunhee and the other man.

She was an interesting girl. Where girls would always run away from public arguments, especially with dangerous men, here she was, instigating a fight. Her body language and manner of speaking almost made him think like she wanted to engage in a fistfight with the man. 

'What a peculiar girl,' he wondered to himself. 

Although he hadn't been entirely interested in the information collection task, he was starting to think that he might actually have fun with this one. She was feisty.