I Should Have Stayed In Bed

Eunhee wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer, pressing her body against his as her back leaned against the bookshelf. His lips felt cold against her warm ones, but the taste of the alcohol on her tongue was sweet. Deepening the kiss, his tongue explore her mouth. Eunhee's heart pounded against her chest as he pulled her body closer, killing every last inch of space between them. 

The moment heated to a point where she could feel his arm travelling down her waist to her behind, giving it a gentle squeeze as she arched her back.

Everything was moving too fast. But she didn't want to stop there. She wanted more.

She wanted to taste him more as they staggered towards the bed. And even though she could feel the heat build-up in her body, his icy touch was calming.

Eunhee pulled away, ready to take a look at the man who had kissed her so passionately. Just as she pulled back, she saw his face, but her body froze.

Blood.

There was blood trickling down his lips, slowly covering his entire chin as he choked, trying to mutter some words. But all she heard was the gurgling sound of metallic blood coming out of his mouth.

'No...' she whispered.

Her arms were wrapped around his neck, choking the life out of him, as he struggled to breathe. She let go, as her eyes widened, 'No..no...no!'

She yelped as she jumped off the bed and backed away, eyes brimming with tears as she stared in horror.

Seonghwa's limp body lay on the bed, covered in blood. And she had just choked the life out of him with her own bare hands.

.

.

.

A loud clang jolted Eunhee out of her sleep. She gasped for air, sitting up straight.

Warm light filled her room from the open windows, as she looked around the empty room to see where she was exactly. When she was sure that she was in her own bedroom, under her own covers, she sighed, "It was just a dream, Eunhee."

Unfortunately, just as the realisation of being safe hit her, she fell back in her bed, groaning. Thanks to Hani's party and insistence, Eunhee had indulged a little too much in the bottle of special alcohol the night before, and everything seemed like a blur now.

Eunhee grabbed her hair, pulling at it to suppress the throbbing pain in her head. Though she didn't remember exactly what she had drunk, she was sure it was strong enough to get her drunk. And the hair pulling only made the pain worse.

"I need an aspirin.." she whispered to herself.

Getting out of bed was another task that she wasn't ready to tackle yet. And for some reason, she was colder than usual, even though she was under the bedcover. Obviously, something was off. Surely enough, when Eunhee lifted her covers, the sight of her naked body caused her to yell out, "What the fuck!?"

"I see you're awake."

The sight of Seonghwa standing at her room's door was a surprise to her. Opposite to her dream, he was standing there very much alive.

But his mere presence in her house and her own very hungover and naked condition popped more questions in her head. Questions that she wanted answers to but was sure that those were answers she wouldn't like.

"What are you doing here?" Eunhee sat up, covering herself with the duvet, "And why the hell am I naked?"

Before Seonghwa could answer her, Eunhee slammed her face into her hands, letting out a muffled cry.