Dysania

When Eunhee opened her eyes, all she could see was the grey, dilapidated ceiling above her. There were large splotches of dampness covering the wall and the plaster was slowly peeling at the edges of the ceiling and walls. 

She turned over, eyes drifting from the ceiling to the plain walls. That was all she had been doing for the past hour. She would stare at the walls, study the patterns of fracturing and peeling plaster. Once she would get bored of it, she would look at the ceiling, and let her vision soak in the dampness of the wall. Hoping that the peeling plaster or the damp walls would cause some form of repulsion or horror to spur in her heart or mind. 

After all, feeling something would be better than feeling nothing at all. 

That was what she felt. Empty. Like a void of nothingness had been punched through her heart. She wanted to think about Taehyung, but her mind kept blocking his image out. Because when she finally thought of him upon waking up, the only thing that came to her mind was that her brother was no more. 

And she couldn't process that. 

She closed her eyes, but Taehyung's bloody face kept flashing in her mind. With a loud grunt, she sat up, running her fingers through her head, "No," she said to herself, shaking her head, "It's going to be okay. He's going to be okay."

Still, her heart wasn't at ease. 

Eunhee's attention diverted when she overheard incohrrent conversation from the living room of the house. Though she had arrived with San and Seonghwa, she hadn't heard anyone actually come into the house since she had woken up after a nap. But then again, she wasn't really paying attention to who came in or out. After all, her mind was fascinated by the patterns on the wall created by the dampness. 

"Compound X soldiers..." Yunho's voice the first one she actually recognized, "It seems a bit far fetched..."

"Far fetched?" San raised his voice a bit, "If there's one thing I can recognize the smell of, it's a Compound X soldier. There's just something dirty about those bastards."

"But those people haven't reached out to capture a Peculiar in years. Why would they come here now? And why at Eunhee?" Seonghwa's voice echoed, "She isn't a Compound X experiment."

"What if," Yunho drawled his words, trying to choose them carefully, "It's the people that hired us to kidnap Eunhee for them?"

Silence fell. None of them responded to that. 

'Kidnap?' Eunhee revisited the sentence Yunho had just uttered, as her eyes widened in disbelief, 'Was that why the mercenaries had so conveniently shifted into the house next door?' she thought, 'To kidnap me?'

"That could be," Seonghwa's voice broke the silence, "We did kinda break the contract."

"The Finders Bureau, Compound X, the contractor..." Yunho remarked, "Way too many people are after us...after her."

"There's still a doubt about Compound X--"

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" San exclaimed, "Mingi, what do you think? Do you think I'm hallucinating out of my paranoid mind or were those people Compound X?"

There was another brief silence between the men. Mingi cleared his throat then sighed, "I'm afraid, this conversation isn't private anymore."

Eunhee, who was leaning against the wall of the lobby and evesdropping, gasped. She was caught listening in and now she couldn't really hide. There was a part of her slowly starting to feel anger stirring inside her heart. The other was telling her to keep calm and give them a chance to explain himself. Especially Seonghwa.