Out Of Options

"Eunhee, you need to calm down."

Hani's words feel deaf to Eunhee's ears. The latter just kept walking around in circles, her mind imagining a million terrible scenarios about her brother. Ever since Eunhee had returned with the mercenaries and Hani empty-handed from their failed mission, the girl had been pulling at the roots of her hair, trying to calm her nerves. 

She had tried to sleep, tries to scream, drank chamomile tea, taken a shower and even tried meditating. 

However, nothing worked. 

"How am I supposed to calm down Hani?" Eunhee looked at her friend with disbelief, "There's no way that I cannot imagine something really bad happening to Taehyung right now."

"They won't hurt him," Hani reassured her, "They want you."

"Just like they didn't hurt you?" Eunhee questioned. 

Hani's sudden silence was enough to make her regret her words. Eunhee sighed, running her fingers through her wet hair, "I'm sorry...that was insensitive."

The latter just shrugged before approaching Eunhee and forcing her to sit down on the bed, "You need to take deep breaths."

"The plan was flawless," Hani breathed deeply, "But who would have thought that Jang Do Hyun would beat us to it..." her eyebrows furrowed, "What does this man want with you, anyway?"

Eunhee blinked. 

Of course, in the chaos of everything, she had failed to share the startling revelation that Seonghwa had made about Jang Do Hyun and his motive to acquire Eunhee. However, it was something that seemed like a lie. A lie that Eunhee was having a tough time digesting. 

"About that..." Eunhee bit her inner cheek nervously, "I don't know how much of it is true," she fidgeted her fingers, "But I've been told...that I'm Jang Do Hyun's daughter."

Hani's eyebrows shot up, almost meeting her scalp, as her jaw hung open, "What?"

"According to Minhyuk," Eunhee exhaled, "Who is Jang Do Hyun's elder son...I'm his daughter."

"First of all, that makes no sense," Hani retorted,  narrowing her eyes, "You're the daughter of Kim Sun Mi and Kim Ji Hoon and the sister of Kim Taehyung...how can you be Jang Do Hyun's daughter?"

Before Eunhee could say anything, Hani continued, "Second, even if you were his daughter...why would he go to such lengths to get you? Is walking up to your door like a normal person and putting his point forward considered abnormal now?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Eunhee covered her face with her hands, trying to calm herself, "I don't believe a word that asshole kidnapper says. As far as I'm concerned, I'm Kim Eunhee. Not Jang Eunhee. However, it makes no sense why that man would go to these lengths to try and get me and right now the only explanation is that I'm supposedly his daughter, a theory that Seonghwa believes."

"Everything's too confusing. If only you're parents were here to clear this confusion," Hani rubbed Eunhee's back.

An uncomfortable silence followed her words. Despite everything that had happened, Eunhee had been unable to get in contact with her parents. The last thing she had heard of them was that they were somewhere on the planet, but Taehyung had no idea where. She had requested Yeosang to help her, but not even the hacking prodigy could locate them yet. And their shady behaviour had only filled Eunhee's head with more doubt. 

Somewhere, deep in her head, she was starting to doubt everything about her existence, and slowly beginning to believe what Minhyuk had revealed to them.