Her Past & Her Future

Hani stared at the chopping board in front of her, with the knife in her hand and the half sliced onion sitting on it.

It had been almost 10 hours since San and the rest of the Pirate Kings had left. 10 hours since she had seen San and almost 24 hours since she had seen Eunhee.

Though she was trying her best to keep herself occupied by doing random chores around the old house, she found it difficult to distract herself. All she could think about was Eunhee and where she was. She had neither heard from her, nor from San. She had no clue if Eunhee was safe or not. Neither did she know if San and the others had reached her location safely.

Hani gulped, closing her eyes.

"Are you gonna cut those or are they gonna cut themselves?"

The interruption of Felix's deep, course voice caused Hani to turn around suddenly. She stared at him with wide eyes, almost surprised at his presence, because she had not even heard him come into the kitchen. Plus, there was the fact that she was still not used to Felix's deep voice, something that didn't match his angelic, pixie-like face.

Shaking her head slightly, she turned back to look at the half sliced onions, "I'm going to do it."

"Let me help," Felix smiled, walking closer to take the knife from her hand, "Because we're hungry too. And seeing that you've been slicing that onion for an hour..."

Hani stared at him in disbelief but handed him the knife because she knew he was right. She was a terrible cook and wasn't even sure why she chose 'cooking' to distract herself.

"So, what are we cooking then?" Felix asked her brightly.

"Uh..." Hani glanced around the kitchen. She wasn't really sure what she wanted to eat but started cutting the onion because almost everything she ate had onions in it. But then again, this was all starting to look quite stupid.

Felix sighed, then smiled at her absentmindedness, "Okay. I think I saw a bunch of leftover grilled meat and a tonne of Kimchi in the fridge. So, let's make Kimchi Jjigae. Sounds good?"

Hani nodded.

Felix nodded and then grabbed the ingredients from the fridge, placing them on the counter. Hani watched his back as he began chopping the kimchi in large chunks. Rubbing her hands together nervously, she glanced around the kitchen, looking for something else to do. Felix glanced at her, then smiled apologetically, "Why don't you cook the rice?"

"That sounds perfect," Hani turned and opened the cupboard to grab the bag of rice, "Fortunately, that's one thing I know how to make."

Felix chuckled as he continued working on the Kimchi Jjiggae.

As Hani went ahead to wash the rice, she kept tapping the screen of her phone to check the time. She was waiting. Waiting for a call or a message. Any sort of information from the boys. However, every time the dark screen turned bright, all she saw was the time moving forward but no messages.

Felix glanced at Hani, his ears perking at her constant rustling around the kitchen.

"I understand, you know," Felix remarked, "I get why you're so restless and nervous."

Hani blinked, staring at him for a moment, then looked down and continued working on the rice, "I'm sorry. I just..."

"It's alright, Hani," Felix replied, "I'd be worried sick too if it were one of my brothers out there."

"Brothers?"

Felix nodded, pressing his lips, "We're not exactly brothers. But since we were part of the same program in the facility, we consider each other brothers."