Told You We Should Have Run

"Kim Eunhee," Taehyung stood against the door, his head leaning on its frame, "Are you going to step out of there?"

Silence.

"At least eat something," Taehyung sighed. When there was no response from his sister on the other side of the door, he straightened his body and walked away, "I'm leaving food on the counter for you."

Walking into his room, he ran his fingers through his hair approaching his bed.

"She still hasn't come out of her room?" Jungkook asked, biting the inside of his cheek. Taehyung nodded, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Is this all that we have?"

The two men stared at the spread of weapons and equipment on the bed. From a pair of assault rifles to ropes, kunai knives and small Glocks, Taehyung and Jungkook had an array of weapons.

"It's enough to fight a battle," Jungkook looked at Taehyung, his eyes unsure, "Not a war."

"This is enough to go on the run," Taehyung bent down and grabbed the wad of cash kept at the edge of the bed, "I can get more weapons whenever I need."

Jungkook nodded. 

"Traveling light is smart. Now," he pulled out four passports from his jeans' back pocket, "These can get you around for a while. But you will have to get more soon. Hyuna will figure it out soon enough."

Taehyung opened the passports, revealing two fake ones for Eunhee under two different names and two for Taehyung.

"How's your Mandarin?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung replied back in clear, almost native Mandarin, "Good enough."

Nodding, Jungkook handed him tickets, "You're heading to Shanghai, where you'll meet a friend of mine who will take you to Milan. Hide in Milan for a while, then move to a new place."

"I'll update you once we decide to leave Milan," Taehyung stuffed the passports and tickets into his bag. However, Jungkook shook his head, raising his hand in front of his friend's face, "Don't tell me where you'll go next. It's best to be unpredictable."

Taehyung stopped packing then looked at his friend, his eyes suddenly saddened by the realisation that he was about to leave his childhood friend behind, "Come with me," Taehyung suggested once more. This wasn't the first time he had asked Jungkook to run with him. But Jungkook had declined it every time.

Jungkook bit back his smile, "The lighter you travel, the easier it will be."

Taehyung hugged his friend, "I cannot thank you enough," he pulled back, staring at him, "But you promise me that the moment you feel that you've been made, you'll run and find us."

Nodding, Jungkook pulled his phone out as it buzzed in his pocket. He furrowed his brows, confused at the endless messages on his phone, some from Namjoon, the others from Jimin. Taehyung noticed Namjoon's name on the screen, then pulled his phone out confused, "Is it from the office? I didn't get anything..."

Taehyung watched as Jungkook's expression morphed from confusion to panic, "It's Namjoon hyung," he looked up at Taehyung, eyes wide, "Hyuna knows. She's ordered a raid on the house. In a few hours."

Without uttering a single word in response, Taehyung ran out of his room and landed straight at Eunhee's room, banging on her door, "Eunhee, get out. Now!"

When there was no response to Taehyung's excessive banging, he grew wary. Silence was not Eunhee's best forte. Without wasting another moment, he took a few steps back, then banged the side of his body against the door, causing it to break the lock. As the door swung open from the force, Taehyung stumbled inside, followed by Jungkook.