The Decoy Effect

"Remember when I said this plan was going to get us killed?" Wooyoung threw a punch across a guard's jaw, his fist vibrating from the impact.

Yunho kicked another guard, growling back at Wooyoung, "Don't say it!"

"Well," Wooyoung jumped mid-air, landing a split kick against two guards who fell back, "I told you so!"

Mingi and Hongjoong stood back to back, their chests heaving up and down as five men surrounded them, "I thought this was supposed to work?"

"It will," Hongjoong replied through gritted teeth.

Before any of the five men could attack them, one of them was thrown off his feet, yanked into the darkness of the hospital's boiler room. The guards looked around frantically, wondering who it was, but before any of them could draw their guns, another of them was kicked, causing him to fly off the ground and against one of the pipes. One by one, the rest of them were picked off, kicked and punched across the room, falling like they were weightless objects.

Fixing her jacket, Eunhee stepped out from behind the steam that was blowing out of one of the broken pipes. She smirked, glancing around at her handiwork, having taken out a dozen guards all by herself with ease.

However, when she noticed the disappointed expressions of Mingi, Hongjonng, Yunho and Wooyoung, she shrugged, "What?"

Hongjoong pressed the bridge of his nose, "I told you to hold your strength. Take your time to beat them up..."

"Well," Eunhee puffed her cheeks, embarrassed, "I got excited."

"Now what?" Wooyoung asked, his hands resting on his hips.

"Wait for reinforce--" before Mingi could finish the sentence, men poured into the boiler room through the main entrance, guns trained on them.

The five of them took a fighting stance, ready to fight the guards off. However, before she could move, Eunhee felt a light prick in her neck. Touching the area, she felt a small dart inserted in her neck, "Uhhh guys..."

Before she could finish her sentence, her eyes rolled to the back of her head. Falling to the floor, Eunhee's limp body landed with a loud thud against the concrete floor. Wooyoung immediately reached out to check her, ready to pull the dart out of her neck.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a deep voice called out from the crowd of guards that had surrounded the five of them.

Hongjoong's eyes narrowed as his cocky smile dropped, "Kim Namjoon."

Namjoon walked out from behind the guards, hands stuffed in his pants pockets, "Hello, brother."

.

.

.

"I may not have mentioned this..." Hani glanced down the building's height from the roof, "But I think I have a fear of heights."

"Well," San turned to her after helping Yeosang tie the brace around his body, then smiled, "Lucky for you, we're teleporting there."

"Are you sure?" Hani raised a brow, "Doesn't teleporting more than two people exhaust you?"

"After I pulled Yunho and Hongjoong at once, something inside me changed. The fever wasn't just my body healing..."

Before San could finish his sentence, Hani did it for him, "It was your cells mutating."

"Exactly. Now, I'm able to take one person with me more easily," San replied.

Taking her hands, he wrapped them around his waist and looked at her with a pressed smile, "Now, hold on tightly."