Utopian Daughter

"Hey Hani, someone's here to meet you."

Hani nodded upon hearing her batchmate's voice. Putting her textbook aside then spun her stool around to check the door. The batchmate who had informed her had already walked away and the person standing at the door was the last man she had ever thought of seeing at her university's lab. 

"H-Hey..."

"Jungkook?"

Hani stared at Jungkook, who was standing awkwardly at the lab's door, waiting for her to allow him inside. But before he could say anything else, Hani jumped off of the stool and rushed towards him. 

Hani crashed against Jungkook, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Jungkook chuckled, hugging her back. However, Hani's grasp around him only tightened. Something that Jungkook wasn't used to. 

"Uh, as happy as I'm to see you...you're-you're crushing my spleen," Jungkook muttered, still smiling. 

Hani released him from her hug, then cocked a brow at him, "You don't even know where your spleen is."

Jungkook laughed.

"So, how are you?" he asked, sitting across her on a stool by one of the counters where Hani had been studying earlier. 

Hani shrugged, "Fine."

Jungkook nodded slowly, awkwardly staring in space, "And Eunhee?"

Upon Eunhee's mention, Hani tilted her head then narrowed her eyes. Though she had always known Jungkook to be a trustworthy person, he had been hiding his identity as a 'Finder' for so many years. Her trust was coming out in sparse quantities these days. So she did what she felt was best. 

She dodged it.

 "As happy as I am to see you alive and walking...are you even supposed to be here?" she asked. 

Eyes slightly wide, Jungkook raised his brows, "I am not. It took me a lot of stealth to get here. But I needed to know how and where Eunhee was."

Hani feigned ignorance, "I have no idea where Eunhee is. I wish I did. But I don't know where she went after that day."

Jungkook smirked, biting his lower lip, then looked away, "I love your dedication to her, but if I wanted to hurt Eunhee, I would have by now."

"First of all," Hani scoffed, "You hid your profession from us for years, which was vital information, so forgive me if my trust is a bit lacking in you. Second, I really don't know where she is."

Shaking his head in dismay, Jungkook sighed, "Look, I cannot change the past. What I can do is help add some value to the future."

"What do you mean?"

Jungkook kept his hand on his thigh, then looked at Hani with dead seriousness, "Taehyung's alive."

"What?" Hani almost leapt out of her chair. 

"He's seriously injured and in the hospital. But he's alive. Unfortunately, even when he does recover the threat on him isn't over," he continued, "Hyuna, our department head, is out for blood. She's made it very clear that he's going to rot in jail with Eunhee."

.

.

.

"Wakey-wakey."

Hani's eyes opened to absolute darkness. She shook her head lightly, trying to orient herself. It was when she realised that her head was covered with a piece of cloth, blocking her vision and restricting her breathing a bit. She wriggled her arms and legs, but their lack of movement was evident of the fact that she was tied up.