Decisions

"So let me get this straight," Hongjoong glared at the Yunho, Wooyoung and Jongho while standing in front of them, "They're offering double the money to kidnap a little girl and you didn't find this fishy at all?"

"Technically," Jongho rubbed the back of his neck, "She is a college student."

"Who has a clear record," Yeosang walked towards them and dropped a file on the table, "I did a full background check on her. She's an average college-going girl. And a straight-A student, loved by everyone, for her passion towards education, culture and art, which is admirable, considering the current generation has no respect for any of these things," he finished with a sigh, his long blonde hair falling over his tiny forehead.

"Well, she did something wrong, otherwise they'd not want her dead," San shrugged, his eyebrows raised.

"Correction, they want her delivered alive," Seonghwa joined the conversation, as he tucked one half of his black hair behind his ear, "I can't believe you accepted the job before letting Hongjoong even take a look at her picture."

"Well," Wooyoung turned to glare at their youngest Jongho, who was leaning against the wall casually, "It was a consensual decision."

Hongjoong knew exactly what Yunho meant, but before he could lecture them further, Yunho spoke up.

"I'd have to take credit for that. Plus, I thought we had agreed that we needed a job right now."

Yeosang rolled his eyes and San rubbed the bridge of his nose, clearly annoyed.

Hongjoong sighed, "I think you mean 'blame'."

There was silence in the room until Mingi walked towards everyone with his hands stuffed in his pockets. Hongjoong looked at him, studying his expressions.

"I think it's okay to take this job," Mingi said.

Everyone looked at him as he tapped his finger on the table, looking at the girl's picture, "However, we should study this girl first. A mere picture cannot tell me if she is innocent or not."

"Study her?" San raised a brow, "You rarely need more than a picture to tell if they're innocent or not, San."

"Yes, but this time...it's different," Mingi tapped his temple lightly as if thinking hard, a habit he found difficult to let go of, "I can sense something extremely wrong, but I can't tell if its her for sure...there's doubt."

Hongjoong, who understood what Mingi meant, nodded, "It's settled then. Seonghwa and Mingi," he faced the men directly, "You'll keep an eye on her for a while, find out everything about her. I want to know who she is in and out. Her family, friends, her personality," Hongjoong sighed, "Heck, even the damn brand of perfume she wears."

"Wait," Seonghwa bucked his eyes, "Why me?"

"Because I trust your judgement more than these idiots," he glanced at the younger lot with slight anger flashing in his eyes.

Seonghwa nodded, his sudden rebellion leaving his mind, telling him to just do as he's told by his leader, even if he was a few months younger to him.

Hongjoong turned around, "It's too easy," he flexed his neck, "She cannot be that ordinary if we're getting paid double. I don't want to grab just anyone with this little information, especially if she is innocent."

Hongjoong continued, picking up the picture of the girl, "You will be watching this girl as closely as possible. And then we can kidnap her."

"Maybe we should just grab her," Jongho muttered, "Why waste the time and enegry?"