|44| Not So Sweet 16, Fifth Year

16th of November

16th of November

The four of the Marauders went to the hospital wing the first thing in the morning. A wounded Remus Lupin lay on the hospital bed with Poppy Pomfrey at his side. He looked better than after the other full moons.

"What are you doing here?" Remus asked. "Don't you two have a match?" he asked. His arm was covered in bandages and his face had a new scar. Riley glanced at the clock.

"Not until an hour!" she said.

"Wow James, you're not making the team practice a decade before the match!" Sirius said.

"I'm not that obsessed!"

"Yes, you are," Peter said.

"Oh, wait. Today's the sixteenth, isn't it?" Remus asked thoughtfully. Riley nodded. "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, at least Sirius doesn't get to act like he's so mature and old compared to me now since we are the same age," Riley said as she looked at Sirius.

"I enjoyed those thirteen days of being older than you!" he replied.

"Do I look like I give a fuck about that?" Riley said. Madam Pomfrey looked at Riley.

"Language!" she said sternly.

"Sorry."

***

"Hello everyone and welcome to the second match of the season! Today we will be seeing the competition between the fellow Gryffindor's and the Slytherin's!" Liam Blake announced to the megaphone. The teams flew onto the pitch on their broomsticks. The people cheered as their house team came. The weather was windy but clear. Riley looked down at the pitch and saw Madam Hooch double-checking to see if everything was good to go. She threw the quaffle into the air and the game began.

"Potter grabs the quaffle the second it was thrown into the air! He passes to Violet Grayson and SCORES! This has to be one of the fastest goals of the game I've ever seen! Gryffindor now 10 versus Slytherin at 0!" Liam Blake announced. The Gryffindor's cheered and chanted. Meanwhile, Riley saw a bludger coming and hit it towards Mulciber who was now heading to the goal.

"Spade hits the bludger towards Mulciber but Avery blocks! Mulciber is heading for the score and the Gryffindor keeper misses the quaffle! SCORE! Slytherin and Gryffindor now tied at 10 and it's only the third minute of the game!" Liam screamed.

Riley looked up as she felt something wet on the bat. She saw the clear sky now filled with gray clouds, ready to rain. She hated playing while it rained, it made everything so hard to see and the bat way more slippery. Soon, the rain started to pour and everything was a blur.

"As the weather gets worse, the game gets more exciting! Potter scored this time and now it's 20 to 10!"

James put his fist up in the sky as the Gryffindor's cheered. Riley saw the bludger on its way to hit James' arm and she made it go in Regulus's direction. She didn't realize it was going towards Regulus but she couldn't care less.