|128| The Pensieve

26th of January, 1979

Over the past weeks, Riley had gone to two order meetings, followed by one death eater meeting.

Spying on the death eaters was going smooth, she was telling every single thing they talked about to Dumbledore, then tried to make the death eaters' plans fail.

She also knew Remus had gone to another mission about Greyback. He had stayed there for a week this time, getting hurt more than ever. But on the bright side, he had the chance to talk to Greyback (even though it didn't worked.)

Riley returned from the Malfoy Manor after another meeting. She went straight to the same place to talk to Dumbledore.

"Miss Spade, welcome," said Dumbledore as he adjusted his thin glasses. "May I ask what Tom said today?"

Riley explained all of the things without sparing any details. Dumbledore seemed interested, he then got his wand out and held it to his head to store the memory to look up later.

Riley then remembered the teardrops Ivy had left for her.

"Er — sir," she asked shyly. "Do you happen to have a Pensieve?"

Dumbledore eyed Riley for a moment. "Yes, why?"

"May I—" she stuttered. "May I use it, for this?"

She held up the flask with the teardrops, Dumbledore squinted his eyes as he stared at the flask.

"Of course," he said surprisingly. Riley sighed. "Whose memory is it?"

Riley swallowed. "It's my sister's, sir."

"Ah, Ivy Spade, quite an interesting story," said Dumbledore. He made the Pensieve float towards Riley, then told her to leave it back to its place when she was done. He then left the room.

Riley slowly poured the teardrops in the Pensieve, then put her head in the cloudy substance.

There was a girl, probably about eight years old. It was Ivy. She had short blonde hair and dashing green eyes. She held a baby in her hands, her new-born sister.

Her parents were there on the couch. Madelyn Spade had a warm smile Riley hadn't seen for ages. Eric Spade had his arm around his wife.

"This is your little sister," said Mrs. Spade smilingly. "Riley."

Ivy's eyes widened, she looked at Riley with a bright smile. Baby Riley didn't make any sounds, she looked very small.

"I love you already, Riley," said Ivy.

Riley felt a shiver run down her spine, she bit her lip to stop herself from crying. Hearing her voice made her feel melancholic.

The scene changed into Ivy being sorted into Ravenclaw. It didn't last long before changing into her fourth year.

Ivy was walking down the hallway with her blue robes on. She was alone, carrying her books in her hands as she struggled to keep her balance due to the heavy books. She looked away for a second as a group of older Slytherin girls passed right beside her.

It was young Bellatrix Lestrange — then Riley realized her name was Bellatrix Black before getting married to Rodolphus Lestrange. She was clearly older than Ivy, maybe two years. Her and her theee friends ran beside Ivy, making her books fall down on the ground with a thud.

"Stupid mudblood," one of them sniggered as she walked away further.

"Is that Ted Tonks I see?" Bellatrix said suddenly as she looked away from Ivy carelessly. Ivy grunted in anger, she tried to pick her books off the floor quickly.